Chicken wings on the Smokin-It #3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Made some sauce last night:
From the web...

Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce Recipe Clone

Ingredients
1 Cup Franks cayenne pepper sauce
1/3 Cup canola oil
1 Teaspoon granulated sugar
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon course ground black pepper
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 egg yolk
2 Teaspoons water
2 Teaspoons cornstarch
Instructions
Mix together first 7 ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency. Approximately 10 minutes.
Whisk egg yolk, water and cornstarch in a bowl large enough to hold all of the sauce
Slowly pouring the hot sauce into the cornstarch mixture. Pour very slowly at first to temper the ingredients so the egg doesn’t cook.

I am a huge fan of the original and this was really really close:

Last edited:
1.5 hours in...apple and cherry

Last edited:
Looking good....................................

Had to have one...

Very good, need to crisp them up win some hot oil!

Last edited:
Tasty looking wings. Next time inject them with your sauce, then smoke them! Injecting them takes the flavor to a whole other level.

Looks good. I may have to try it myself. What was your time and temp?

Ooops, I just went back and saw it. Never mind.

Last edited:
I try to document everything on here for my future reference...let me know if you have other questions, though.

Good use of the old natural gas grill:

Fried for maybe five minutes...

Spun around in a Tupperware with the sauce above...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky