Chicken Thighs on the “Q”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chicken Thighs on the “Q”

The Boss wanted Chicken Thighs, and it sounded like a Good Idea to me!!

So Mrs Bear didn’t want any Smoke, so she put them in the oven awhile first, but she loves them Grilled, so she handed them off to me.
I put them on my Weber Q and flipped them over a few times, while basting them with some of Mrs Bear’s Mild BBQ Sauce.
Then I let the grill put some marks on the sauced up skins & flesh to give them some Great Grill flavor.
The skins got nice & Crispy, along with that Grilled flavor.

Meanwhile Mrs Bear prepared her usual sides that she makes whenever we have Chicken—Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy, and some Peas.

Since together we only eat 2 or 3 Thighs per meal, these 10 thighs lasted a few nights, and I took some Pics of some of them.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

10 Chicken Thighs Getting Happy on my "Q":
IMG_2255.jpg

Back sides of Thighs:
IMG_2257.jpg

Front Side showing-- almost Ready:
IMG_2256.jpg

Too many to bring in on a plate---Had to use a Big Bowl:
IMG_2258.jpg

Bear's Supper--One Big Thigh, Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup Gravy, and Peas:
IMG_2259.jpg

2nd Night

Didn't have any Rolls, so toasted some Italian Bread:
IMG_2261.jpg

Added a little Sauce & a bunch of Thigh Meat:
IMG_2262.jpg

3rd Night

Removed some more meat from the bones--Squirt A little Sauce on the Rolls:
IMG_2263.jpg

Pile on the reheated Thigh Meat:
IMG_2264.jpg

FINI

No smoke no love:D Seriously they look wonderful. Many times we just cook and leave out the smoke.

They look better then the ones I made last night for sure. I like the leftover meat for sammies the next few days or make chicken salad.

BBQ chicken on the grill is SO UNDERRATED! In fact I think its one of my all time favorites. Yours looks done right to me Bear!

They look better then the ones I made last night for sure. I like the leftover meat for sammies the next few days or make chicken salad.

Thank You Adam!
I thought your AirFryer Thighs looked Great!!
I gotta try again with only 2 Thighs next time.
Wife likes her Chicken Salad with Breast Meat, but the SV makes the Best Breasts.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking yard bird I love thighs , lots of flavor Look's good my friend

Gary

Looks good . Got thighs out for tonight .
I've commented before on the soup for gravy but forgot about it . Gonna write it on the board right now . Great looking meals

No smoke no love:D Seriously they look wonderful. Many times we just cook and leave out the smoke.

Thank You Ishi!!
LOL---If it was up to Mrs Bear, the only thing that would get Smoke would be my various Bacon Smokes.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

BBQ chicken on the grill is SO UNDERRATED! In fact I think its one of my all time favorites. Yours looks done right to me Bear!

Thank You!!
My Smoked Thighs are Great, but these Grilled Thighs are right up there in flavor!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I love to marinade chicken thighs<Boneless> and grill them, chicken thighs are IMO the best part of a chicken to me. Just curious, the gravy there..do you guys just make normal cream of chicken soup, or is there some secret? I love cream of chicken soup, never thought of it for gravy!

I love to marinade chicken thighs<Boneless> and grill them, chicken thighs are IMO the best part of a chicken to me. Just curious, the gravy there..do you guys just make normal cream of chicken soup, or is there some secret? I love cream of chicken soup, never thought of it for gravy!

Use very little water when making Gravy out of it---Much less than when making Soup out of it.

Bear

Nice looking yard bird I love thighs , lots of flavor Look's good my friend

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup, I like Thighs best, except I like Turkey Breast in a Sammy better than Dark meat.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good . Got thighs out for tonight .
I've commented before on the soup for gravy but forgot about it . Gonna write it on the board right now . Great looking meals

Thank You Rich!!

Bear

"I love to marinade chicken thighs<Boneless> and grill them, chicken thighs are IMO the best part of a chicken to me. Just curious, the gravy there..do you guys just make normal cream of chicken soup, or is there some secret? I love cream of chicken soup, never thought of it for gravy!"

"Bearcarver, post: 1842999, member: 33097"]Use very little water when making Gravy out of it---Much less than when making Soup out of it.

Bear

Tom,
Actually I should have said adjust the amount of water added to make it as Thick or Thin as you would like it to be.
We like it pretty Thick, but not Lumpy.

Bear

Dang missed this until today. Great looking meal there and all those sammies look awesome. I too like thighs but with all the little guys around it seems to be the legs get first vote. I cooked 28 legs a couple nights ago on the grill.

Warren

I missed this one also. That's what I get for working three twelves this past weekend.

Those thighs look absolutely wonderful bear. I could chomp down on a plate of those easily.

Point for sure.

Chris

Dang missed this until today. Great looking meal there and all those sammies look awesome. I too like thighs but with all the little guys around it seems to be the legs get first vote. I cooked 28 legs a couple nights ago on the grill.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
28 Legs?!?! That means either 14 chickens are now in wheel chairs or 28 are on crutches!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky