Chicken thighs caveman style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Did some chicken thights injected with herb butter marinade over wood coals. My Dad gave my this tripod when I was 15. Made to be able to carry in back back. Pit kinda to big for it. Be so long since used it forgot to let coals burn down enough. Kinda of blackened chicken but it was still good. Made some au gratin with nagaimo chinese yam. They are fairly low in carbs. These were the slimiest thing I ever seen. Could hardly pick up a piece. It was dripping all over the place. Okra has nothing on these. Once baked was pretty good but will never get one of these again.

Dioscorea_polystachya_(batatas).jpg 20201003_170211.jpg 20201003_172917.jpg 20201003_175825.jpg 20201003_180028.jpg

Looks like a great meal! Nice rig ! I have a old tripod rig that was my mom and dad's. I need to get it out and play around with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky