Chicken sausage weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

streetguy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
I made three 5 lb batches of chicken sausage this weekend. Just plan chicken sausage, spinach feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes, and buffalo blue cheese. Turned out great. Had a friend stop by to help I am not sure I might have turned her into a sausage head.

I used my newly acquired Enterprise stuffer. It works pretty good. Had an issue with more squeezing out the top than I want. I seen some post on here about using a wiping plate from ebay or using a bag inside. Anyone have any input on what they like best. The bag would be good for clean up especially when making cured sausage.

Last edited:
Looks really good to me. Nicely done.

Point for sure.
Chris

SG, Good looking sausage ! I'm not familiar with your stuffer and whether the piston has an o-ring, if so try changing it. Less liquid in the mix could prevent meat from passing by?

Yeah sausage looks good . I thought there was a thread on here about someone made their own wiping plate for one of these . Looked , but didn't find it .

Nice job on the sausage I make a lot of Italian Sausage with Chicken,I am getting a new 5# LEM Mighty Bite
Richie

I found a thread on here about the wiping plate and using a bag. I think Iam going to have the Math teacher at the School I work at try and make a wiping plat with the 3D printer. I think part of the problem is the cylinder is not 100% round. Casting in those day weren't as good as today.

Buffalo Chicken

3 lbs skinless chicken breast

2 lbs skinless boneless thighs

¼ bacon ends

1 ½ TB brown sugar

1 TB marjoram

1 cup hot sauce

4-6 Cloves roasted garlic

1 TB tomato paste

1 TB paprika

¾ TB salt

¼ balsamic vinegar

½ cup NFDM

½ cup melted butter

*1 cup blue cheese

*Add after grinding

Grind thru ¼” plate mix in the blue cheese. Stuff into 28-32 mm casing. Use buffalo sauce or your favorite hot sauce.

Reactions: crazymoon
I just copied and pasted the recipe from my file. I didn't have any vinegar this time and dont remember the if the last time I made them using the vinegar. They taste great without it so I think Iam going to take it out of the recipe. I sure there was a reason I put it in the first time not sure though.

Curious about your sundried tomato recipe...I have one I'll share to compare mine is sundried tomato fresh basil fresh garlic parmesan all soaked in olive oil ground with the chicken & high temp mozzarella cheese.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky