Chicken & Ribs. Yesterday and Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
It's that wonderful time of year when every day is BBQ day, of course here in beautiful Gilbert, AZ that's 365 days a year. Friday was just some easy peasy yardbird legs using the Vortex on the Weber. Jeff's Original Rub, Sweet Baby Ray's!
DSCN2114.JPG
DSCN2116.JPG
DSCN2117.JPG

Started the day off with a little garbage can fire from last night's ashes, old dog gonna have to learn a new trick or two, wife got crabby.
DSCN2119.JPG

Once everything's settled down got the Weber fired back up using the SnS today. Rack of St Louis ribs with some hickory chunks for smoke, I'll try not to burn the house down.
DSCN2118.JPG

As long as I was on a roll I decided I'd go without a probe in the rack, 225º-250º for 6 & 1/2 hours. Hey, it worked!
DSCN2121.JPG

Plated up with a little homemade slaw and some tater salad, the American way.
DSCN2122.JPG

You never know what's in store on any given day. One day you may just about start a fire that'll burn your house down. On another you might just fire up some good pork ribs. What the hell. some days you just might do both! Thanks for lookin'! RAY

Ray it all looks great! I especially think that rack of ribs looks fantastic. Sounds like you better get a nice metal can for ashes only lol

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray, all looks great! Love the color on both the legs and the Ribs. Sorry you had a fire issue, I'm sure it won't happen again (that's what she said) lol. Thanks for sharing, I know those tasted every bit as good as they looked.

Everything looks great Sawhorseray

Thanks Peach, that means a lot to me coming from you! RAY

Ray it all looks great! I especially think that rack of ribs looks fantastic. Sounds like you better get a nice metal can for ashes only lol

All I can get is what they give me Jeff, and this one will probably cost me a little something. Thanks for the Like Jeff it is much appreciated! RAY

WOW. Great cooks . Well done

Wow, I'm honored by your response, thank you so much! RAY

Thanks FB, sometimes even a blind dog finds a bone! RAY

Those ribs look tasty.

Thanks Daspy, they were darned good and tasted even better then they looked! Hope to get this lucky next time. RAY

Looks great. Love that color on the chicken. Glad you didn’t burn down the neighborhood!

Thanks Smkryng Smkryng , that SBR works for great color and some real good flavor too. The wife seems to be happy that I didn't burn down the house, so there's that! Thanks you for the Like, it is very much appreciated! RAY

Ray, all looks great! Love the color on both the legs and the Ribs. Sorry you had a fire issue, I'm sure it won't happen again (that's what she said) lol. Thanks for sharing, I know those tasted every bit as good as they looked.

Hey, thank you Mike, just another boring day! Someone did point out to me the metal bucket I've deposited ashes into for the last 15-20 years. My story was maybe not enough coffee made for me this morning before I had to get started firing things up. It didn't fly very far, but it was better than sitting there with nothing to say! Thank you for the Like Mike, I do appreciate it! RAY

Trash company isn't going to be happy with you either. But on a good note the food looks great.

Looks good! keep on smoking! Happy Smoking, phatbac (Aaron)

Thanks Aaron, I'm thinking on what's next. RAY

Trash company isn't going to be happy with you either. But on a good note the food looks great.

Thanks Brian, the garbage company can get in line after my wife it they want to get crabby about a little unplanned flare-up! RAY

I gots to make some bird! Looks great Ray! I couldn't even find any SBR at the store the other day.

I'm down to my last half dozen 40 ounce bottles in the pantry Steve, my little pandemic hoarder is all set for another shutdown. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it Steve! RAY

Reactions: bmudd14474
All looks good . Great color on the chicken . What is that about a 9 " radius to the big end ? Kettle puts out some good eats .Time to buy is when you don't need it .

Thanks Rich! The Vortex has a diameter of 8" on the narrow end, 12" on the wide, and is 4&5/8" high. If we lived in the White House when people went on tours they'd want to be sure to check out The Toilet Tissue Room, Pandemic Jan won't be sweating that anytime soon, if ever. Thanks for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky