Chicken Quarters!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonnybbq

Original poster
Oct 18, 2020
Yesterday I wrote about how much I love to smoke chicken, so naturally I had to throw some on today.

Had 5 quarters in the freezer, so I figured I let em thaw out in the morning, and get to smoking in the afternoon.

I like my quarters with a little kick, so I
lathered 3 of them with my spicy chicken rub. The other 2 I just used a basic salt, pepper, garlic mix.

Cranked the smoker up to 300, little apple wood for some smoke, threw the quarters on and got ready to roll.

Checked after about an hour and wanted to let them go a little longer. I usually base this on the color and texture of the skin. I like to see that rub disintegrate into the chicken.

After about 90 minutes I checked again and liked what I saw so I pulled them off. Let them sit for a few minutes, then I dug in.

Man I love smoking chicken quarters, the meat gets so tender and bursts with flavor, and the skin is just kick ass..

These things were killer

Happy smoking

Attachments

• 474EFAE9-2E8B-46DD-A1A3-3B0A57E8619B.jpeg
    474EFAE9-2E8B-46DD-A1A3-3B0A57E8619B.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 86
I love smoking leg 1/4's, wife found my dog tags that I hadn't seen in years, hit search on blood type, said I shouldn't eat chicken , scary stuff you can read places lol. I'm pretty sure they were the first meat I smoked, then country style ribs, been keeping a 10lbs bag in the freezer forever in case the urge hits

Reactions: jonnybbq
They look good! Smoked chicken makes for really good chicken salad also.

Ryan

Those look awesome!

I live on leg quarters all spring and summer.

I rotate between Cornell Chicken and whatver sauce/rub i come up with.

Hungry for some now!

Reactions: jonnybbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky