• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chicken Quarters with Q-View

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2009
Well i feel like im going smoke crazy the past month or so, everything i get my hands on i want to smoke, and it seems like im smoking something at least once a week. But what else is there to do during winter, so this is when i like to smoke, when i have lots of time. So this time i got some chicken quarters. Ive never done chicken quarters before, have done lots of individual parts, but not quarters, there not alot of difference, but still. So i got some McCormicks Grill Mates Chicken Rub. Ive had good luck with their rubs before.

I soaked my quarters in a simple poultry brine over night. Rinsed and dried off. I pulled the skin up on the quarters and packed it full of rub, then spinkled some on the skin. Popped the in the smoker at 270* with hickory. Smoked to 170*, just to make sure its done for the lady. Pulled them out and WOW! Super juicy, awesome flavor, skin just a little cripsy. The rub flavor was perfect, and the rub under the skin worked awesome, it stayed moist and sort of melted into the meat a little. It has to be some of the better chicken i have done.

Here is the View

All rubbed down and ready to go.

In the smoker.

Out of the smoker and ready to eat.

Cut open.

Thanks!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yes smoked yard bird is one of the best ways to cook the birds. Now you don't want momma to get chicken sick do ya.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
I do love chicken -I like to d omine raised direct at about 325 - nothing like cood chicken.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
NICE!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Man I just finished some smoked TriTip and a savory bread pudding and I really could go for a plate of that - nice job

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.