Chicken Quarters with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Western PA
Well i feel like im going smoke crazy the past month or so, everything i get my hands on i want to smoke, and it seems like im smoking something at least once a week. But what else is there to do during winter, so this is when i like to smoke, when i have lots of time. So this time i got some chicken quarters. Ive never done chicken quarters before, have done lots of individual parts, but not quarters, there not alot of difference, but still. So i got some McCormicks Grill Mates Chicken Rub. Ive had good luck with their rubs before.

I soaked my quarters in a simple poultry brine over night. Rinsed and dried off. I pulled the skin up on the quarters and packed it full of rub, then spinkled some on the skin. Popped the in the smoker at 270* with hickory. Smoked to 170*, just to make sure its done for the lady. Pulled them out and WOW! Super juicy, awesome flavor, skin just a little cripsy. The rub flavor was perfect, and the rub under the skin worked awesome, it stayed moist and sort of melted into the meat a little. It has to be some of the better chicken i have done.

Here is the View

All rubbed down and ready to go.

2c201ec0_d7d5bb93_ch1.jpg

In the smoker.

4c040c38_3e7917d1_ch2.jpg

Out of the smoker and ready to eat.

6f8df274_df45af7c_ch3.jpg

Cut open.

ee907bdc_749483b2_ch4.jpg

Thanks!

PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Yes smoked yard bird is one of the best ways to cook the birds. Now you don't want momma to get chicken sick do ya.

Man I just finished some smoked TriTip and a savory bread pudding and I really could go for a plate of that - nice job

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky