Chicken Pie (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chicken Pie (Bear Style)

This was Great Stuff, and gave us a few meals each.
We used a Bag of Frozen Mixed Veggies, such as Peas, Green Beans, and Carrots, and cut up a bunch of Taters, and 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup for the mix.
I also ran some Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts through the Sous Vide (@146° for 2 hours), and Mrs Bear chopped that up for the mix.
Then she seasoned that & We cooked it up real good. She wouldn’t let me season it!! LOL
Then she put a sheet of Crescent Dough on it & Baked it until nice & Brown.
It was Great, and like I said, it lasted us for a few days.
I’d get tired of this kind of meal pretty fast, but it’s great for now & then.
IMHO A Real Belly Warmer!!

Thanks for looking,

Bear

3 Chicken Breasts ready for my Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_6384.jpeg

Cooling fast in Cold Water, after SV:
IMG_6385.jpeg

Chicken Breast all chopped up:
IMG_6389.jpeg

Topped with a Sheet of Crescent Dough, and Baked until nice and Golden Brown:
IMG_6390.jpeg

Bear's first helping, with a biscuit on the side, made with Crescent Dough trimmings:
IMG_6391.jpeg

After our First Night's Supper:
IMG_6393.jpeg

Second Night's Helping for the Bear. Mrs Bear's helping will leave us enough for one more Night:
IMG_6394.jpeg

Looks great my friend, we are over due, Bobbie makes a mean Chicken Pot Pie

Gary

Looks to be a great team effort on some comfort Bear, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Those are fantastic meals , and that one looks great . I'd be all over that .
Nice work .

Excellent CPP Bear! Perfect for this time of year. We love that around here, never made homemade though. That's gonna change I feel. Thanks for sharing.

Perfect winter time belly buster. Looks good as expected from the Bear!

I keep trying to find a face or something masked in that crescent top thats baked. Did you sneak (carve )some picture into that dough??? I can't tell if it's Jesus or a ghost or a snowman! Maybe i'm seeing stuff again LOL.

looks tasty bear, wish i had a piece now while i watch the snow falling. how much are they calling for down your way.

Those are fantastic meals , and that one looks great . I'd be all over that .
Nice work .

Thank You Rich!!
Me & this Recipe go way back:
The first time I had this was when Mrs Bear's Mother made it, in 1971.
I had just got out of the Army, and we were living with her parents for a couple months, while waiting for settlement on our first house, when she made it.
We loved it, so Mrs Bear included it in her "Recipe Card File".
She made changes since, like Her mother used fresh veggies & made her own dough,
for the top crust. We use Frozen Veggies & Crescent roll for the top. "Bear Style" usually means "The easy Way". LOL
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
looks tasty bear, wish i had a piece now while i watch the snow falling. how much are they calling for down your way.

Thank You Jim!!
Going by the calls we're getting for this area, we should get somewhere between 18" and 26" by the time this ends sometime Tuesday. We've had more than that in the past, but not for quite awhile.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The first time I had this was when Mrs Bear's Mother made it, in 1971.
I figured . My Mom and MIL did something similar . That's a good meal for a guy getting back home
after serving his country . I'm all about Bear style too !

Oooh yeah, that looks perfect for a cold winter's night (or three).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky