Chicken on the WSM.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

james1970

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2014
Northern California.
Hello every one,

The weather has been extremely nice here in Northern Cali, so I have been taking advantage of it. I cooked this spatchcock (butterflied) chicken last night and it was to the up most level of deliciousness. YUM!!!

All I used on it was some Lawry's season salt and TLC!

Then I cooked it at 275-300 F for about a hour with no water pan in the WSM.

Yum!! Nice crispy skin!!   

Look Mom no water Pan!!

YUM!! THE UP MOST LEVEL OF DELICIOUSNESS!!!

Last edited:
Looks good if you had posted this in poultry, you would probably get more replies

Richie

Nice smoke James.  We use Lawry's on beef pretty often.  I've never used it on chicken.  I'll have to give it a try! B

Great looking spatchy!

We like to make tater wedges with lawrys seasoned salt. Put wedges in drool poaches, add some butter. Season with lawrys close up and place on the smoker. Takes 30-45 minutes. Perfect side for chicken!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky