• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chicken Breasts

shorty

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 16, 2007
Well I am attempting my first chicken breast I just put them in the smoker at 6:15pm est. along with to JD fatties. I will post some pics mid way thru and the finished product later. Well it is 8:10 and all is done smoking. Here are some picsCan't figure out why everything cooks so fast, checked all the thermoms again and they are all close at the boiling point.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 17, 2006
Wow!. They both look good. I've never done chicken breast or fatties so I'm not sure of the average cook time. I'm gonna have to try it!

short one

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2007
IMAO the reason for the quick cook time is that there was a small quantity of food in the smoker and you didn't have to displace as much cold, and chicken breasts and fatties are fairly thin pieces of meat. Thus the quick cook time.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Lookin good shorty, i just did a 2# fattie at 250* and it was done about 2 hrs, chicken is small so that's probably right

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Looking good Shorty. That chicken looks so juicy .........to die for. Pics are also top notch. Have fun.

chefloydb

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 5, 2007
Looks Great. 2 hrs for ckn breasts is about what i run mine for i do alot of ckn breasts nobody here likes the dark meat.

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Speak for yourself.
Wife loves good smoked leg quarters....just gotta be well done for her.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Chicken parts don't take that long hon ... they're great for feeding your smoke addiction during the work week!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.