CHERRY DR.PEPPER PULLED BUTT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

devildog89

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Seattle
I saw this on the main site and had to try it. About 7.5lbs butt. Injected with the Dr.Pepper mixed with some Webers smoking rub, then used the Dr. to wet the roast and added rub to the outside. Into the MES at 230am, fat side down. Set temp to 230, and of course used cherry wood chips. By 9am the IT was 155, pulled it out and put it in a pan and added more Dr.pepper then covered in foil. About 1pm and it reached 205IT so out it came. Let it sit covered for about an hour, then took it out and pulled it. First for me, having the bone just pull right out, and no effort to pull the meat apart.

Really need to stop these all day smokes when I work all weekend(graveyard). As I was prepping the meat I discovered we had no foil. So I had to wait until 7 to hit fred meyer to get some. Then realized later we were out of potatoes and salad mix, so back to freddies I went.And of course I forgot to get sandwich rolls, but I didn't go back a 3rd time. A week before I had got the cherry dr. pepper and hid 2 cans just for this smoke, knowing the kids would have it gone in a day if I didn't, and of course someone found it and took 1, so that was another purchase on the 7am trip to freddies. 

The meat was so moist I didn't even add any of the drippings to it before serving. Nobody could leave it alone, my Momnlaw kept coming back for more, and she is the one that normally cooks any kind of meat to a texture of old shoe leather. As I normally do I set some aside to bring in to work Sunday night, but it was gone before I got home Sunday morning. Oh well the fellas missed out. This was the best pulled pork I have done yet. Thinking I will try some other flavors in the future.

Love that color

Untouched and already falling off the bone.

I

thought it looked a little dry, but it was very moist.
This guy loved it too.

Last edited:
It looks fantastic Dave!

Great work!

I can't believe you guys still have that much snow on the ground.

Good looking puppy too!

Al

Great looking PP!! I did a double take when I saw your GS.....looks EXACTLY like mine did!

Points!!!

points.gif

Thanks Al, the snow was a trip to the Mountains at Christmas time, we don't get that much snow down in the Seattle area, and the only major snow we had this year happened while I was in Minnesota with no snow.

Thanks Sauced, he is about 15 months old.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky