Chefs Salt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoked

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 14, 2006
Everett Washington
okay nothing smoked in this...but the little lady said I should post this as we use this salt on just about everything and sharing is caring!!!

1 cup sea salt
1 Tbs paprika
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

combine and mix well, store in air tight container. makes ~ 1 1/4 cups.

You could place the ingredients on a piece of cheescloth and lay cloth down on a rack or tie the cloth into a bag and hang it from a rack to add some smoke flavor. If you normally use a water type smoker I would run the smoker without the water just to keep the salt, peppers and spices dry.

Thanks Dutch, I think I'll try that
icon_smile.gif
. Sounds interesting, might be good on fish.

I did, and after telling her what you said get got a big head and said damn straight that I need to listen to her more!!!!

"damn straight that I need to listen to her more!!!!"

Been there.

Gonna try the salt mix.

Everett, WA! Up there where they build those Boeings. I worked for BNSF Railroad and the grade going up to the Boeing plant at Everett is the steepest on the 30000 miles of BNSF track.
The plant is impressive, amazing overhead crane system. My dad worked for Boeing in Wichita.

yea, I think I know that plant....kinda......well maybe.......oh yea, been my paycheck giver for 17 years now
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif
and not sure when you saw it last...but it keeps getting bigger....... but that r@r track will always be the steepest grade!!!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky