Chef's Choice 615A, Very happy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Slicer purchase has ground to a halt. The Rival still works and that is good enough for my wife of 44 years. But I am still keenly interested in getting one; possibly next year. In the meantime, I have been researching, with nearly zero luck, the Chefs Choice 10 inch model 672. Not much info available except what is on their site. Sent in a ton of questions and answers are being researched. The Cabbalas model via youtube looks a lot like the 672; no way of telling.No user comments on their site and amazon seems to get comments confused with different models. Such is life. The LEM is still in the running. Such is life!

Reactions: SonnyE
Slicer purchase has ground to a halt. The Rival still works and that is good enough for my wife of 44 years. But I am still keenly interested in getting one; possibly next year. In the meantime, I have been researching, with nearly zero luck, the Chefs Choice 10 inch model 672. Not much info available except what is on their site. Sent in a ton of questions and answers are being researched. The Cabbalas model via youtube looks a lot like the 672; no way of telling.No user comments on their site and amazon seems to get comments confused with different models. Such is life. The LEM is still in the running. Such is life!

Oh, it is so dismaying when the base commander simply cannot see the merits of better equipment.

I take comments and reviews with a grain of rock salt. Half are outright liars. And the other 49% have trouble deciding on which bathroom to use. The remaining 1% hang out here at SMF. ;)

We had a Superintendent who was a No guy. Unless his Engineers asked.
We use to line up requests for when he went on vacation, because the second in command would approve anything we could reasonably present to him. His name was Jose.
When Jose was up, things ran smooth. But when Brent (the Superintendent) was up, forget about it.
We referred to it as Jose, or Hose B, times.
We could count on Hose B to deny anything without a 10,000 word justification.

I am the Captain of my ship... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I married an Admiral, too. o_O :emoji_poop:

So I am noticing the Chefs Choice 615 is listed as "discontinued" (although they are still able to be purchased-other slicer models as well). I'm also finding conflicting differences in the difference between the 615 and the 615A. On the Chefs Choice website it lists the 615A has an ALL METAL food pusher, but the pusher looks plastic to me. One of the Amazon reviewers states:

"The only difference between the 615 and 615A per a call with the Chef's Choice, today, is that the 615A is made by a different supplier. To distinguish between the two, the serial number label has a date code on it. This code next to the serial number starts with a Letter. The first one I ordered was A18, which indicates January 2018 and would not be the 615A model. The 615A model should have a date code of D18 or greater. D meaning April and 18 meaning 2018."
SonnyE SonnyE - I have two questions for you: Does your new slicer have a metal or plastic food pusher? And what is the date code next to your serial number? I'm trying to figure out if this reviewer knows which bathroom to use. LOL!

I personally have the 615 and love it! Im looking at buying one as a Christmas gift for my brother. There's $13 bucks difference between the two right now. Trying to arm my myself with information. Im hoping for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal

I don’t trust Amazon ratings. Many are for the same family but differ from the offspring/item being viewed.

Still straddling the fence on a new slicer. Starting to give some serious consideration to the models from Chef's Choice. Also the Waring FS1000 as well as LEM.

Last edited:
Took a lot of pondering and the like but I just ordered the Chef's Choice 665 slicer from MidwayUSA. Price was reduced as the end of season.

Reactions: chopsaw
The 665 arrived Friday. Unpacked it and gave it the once over. Fully expecting a metal motor and blade housing and a molded plastic base the carriage rides on, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is all aluminum except for the food carriage and the bottom base plate. I fired it up sans meat and the blade runs faster than the old Rival (which I will keep and use as needed) and the noise level about the same. I can fully appreciate why the Chef's Choice slicers are as popular as they are. It looks and feels well built, finish impeccable. Overall, I am impressed. Now, to find something to slice:emoji_thinking:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky