Chef's Choice 250 Electric Knife Sharpener

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rgautheir20420

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Crest Hill, IL (Chicagoland)
Just picked up this sharpener from Amazon and I'm very excited! I've got a set up Cutco knives and a Dexter filet knife that my handheld sharpeners just don't get sharp anymore. They are pretty old. Looking forward to getting this bad boy.

Just picked up this sharpener from Amazon and I'm very excited! I've got a set up Cutco knives and a Dexter filet knife that my handheld sharpeners just don't get sharp anymore. They are pretty old. Looking forward to getting this bad boy.

rg I have that it will put a good edge on a dull blade.I still prefer to use  a stone on mine, most of the time. I recommend use of a steel after using the electric sharpener.

I have one just like it that I received as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I use it regularly on the wife's kitchen knives, it puts a decent edge on them but my skinning knife and fillet knife....they will never go there! Oil stone, steel and strop!

But they are okay, really! Saves me a lot of time on 90% of the knives in our house.

Last edited:
I have one. It works but theres nothin like a hand sharperned knife.

If you use it just keep using it and use a steel after to smooth out the edge.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky