Chef's Choice 250 Electric Knife Sharpener

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by rgautheir20420, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Just picked up this sharpener from Amazon and I'm very excited! I've got a set up Cutco knives and a Dexter filet knife that my handheld sharpeners just don't get sharp anymore. They are pretty old. Looking forward to getting this bad boy.

2. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

rg I have that it will put a good edge on a dull blade.I still prefer to use  a stone on mine, most of the time. I recommend use of a steel after using the electric sharpener.

3. I have one just like it that I received as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I use it regularly on the wife's kitchen knives, it puts a decent edge on them but my skinning knife and fillet knife....they will never go there! Oil stone, steel and strop!

But they are okay, really! Saves me a lot of time on 90% of the knives in our house.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have one. It works but theres nothin like a hand sharperned knife.

If you use it just keep using it and use a steel after to smooth out the edge.

5. Thanks for the notes everyone. When y'all say "steel" what do you mean? Link or image?

6. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

7. Ok that's what I was figuring y'all were referring to. I simply need a new one. Mine is quite old and doesn't seem to do much..not even to my brand new Dexter.