Cheesy Ranchero & Bacon Pork Loin Chops (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I got the idea for this from the thread posted by tag0401 tag0401 and considered not posting this. After thinking about it, this one is all the way different from his so figured it wouldn't step on his toes...as least that's my hope. I went full-tilt Mexican with mine and Adam stayed more along the lines of BBQ with a nice twist. He used chicken and I used pork. The concept of how the dish was put together is very similar though and it is an incredible concept!! Thank you for sharing Adam.

Start with a couple thick sliced center cut pork loin chops. Hit them with the jaccard then season with a sprinkle of my fajita seasoning along with some pasilla and ancho pepper.
017_Fotogenic.jpg

Now to get the Ranchero sauce going. Onions, jalapenos, minced garlic, and a splash of my garlic infused EVOO
013_Fotogenic.jpg

Saute for a few minutes then add all the seasonings and the rest of the goodies
014_Fotogenic.jpg

Ranchero sauce all done (recipe available upon request if anybody is interested) and it is n outstanding recipe. We love this stuff.
015_Fotogenic.jpg

Cooked up some bacon crumbles from the last batch of bacon I made
019_Fotogenic.jpg

While all this was going on I made a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread for Tracy
020.jpg

Chops onto the Weber cooking indirect heat
021_Fotogenic.jpg

Done, into a CI skillet, and ready to put everything together. Pulled these at 140 figuring they would finish when they go back on the grill.
022_Fotogenic.jpg

First, on goes the Ranchero sauce
023_Fotogenic.jpg

Two different cheeses
024_Fotogenic.jpg

Bacon crumbles
025_Fotogenic.jpg

Back onto the Weber to heat through and melt the cheese
026_Fotogenic.jpg

Done and topped with diced jalapenos
027_Fotogenic.jpg

My dinner. Plated up with some Mexican rice and a guacamole salad. Had a few jalapenos left so Tracy put them on the salad. A bit redundant but we eat a bunch of those things.
028_Fotogenic.jpg

This came out incredibly well . It far and again exceeded every expectation I had. The complexity and layering of flavors was about the best I've ever managed to put together, even after all the lessons a few years ago on Mexican food from our very good friend chilerelleno chilerelleno His tutelage has really helped up my game and I'm turning out some pretty flavorful south-of-the border food. Tracy said it was both the best pork dish I've done as well as being the best Mexican meal. I'll take that any day!! You can count on this one being done again real soon, probably inviting the neighbors.

Gonna call this one a wrap. See everybody on the next one

Robert

Very nice, Robert! And in a C.I. pan no less!
Coincidentally, I picked up a half loin the other day at a price I couldn't pass up. I cut it in half and vac-sealed 'til I decide what to do with them.
Now I know what one of those packages is going to :-)
I would be interested in that sauce recipe, by the way...
Dan

Reactions: sandyut
Looks delicious and and something I'd stand in line for, very creative Robert, Tex-Mex at it's finest! Love that loaf too!
tenor.gif

65113a0d-6a7f-4c55-967a-f527a5c1e7a5.gif

You took this one over the top Robert! Everything looks amazing. Love the different layers of flavor you packed in there. Carousel worthy post right there. Big LIKE!

That is one fantastic looking meal, Robert! And yes, I am very interested in your Rancho Sauce recipe. I have a couple of pork steaks in the freezer that I would like to top with it.
Many thanks in advance.

Coincidentally, I picked up a half loin the other day at a price I couldn't pass up. I cut it in half and vac-sealed 'til I decide what to do with them.
Now I know what one of those packages is going to :-)
I would be interested in that sauce recipe, by the way...

Thank you for the kind words and I'd be honored if you find this worthy of doing for yourself. I can almost promise that you won't be disappointed. Recipe to follow...

Very nice Robert. The Ranchero sauce looks great and if you are offering , I would be pleased to accept

Thank you so much David and I'll happily share the recipe

That is one fantastic looking meal, Robert! And yes, I am very interested in your Rancho Sauce recipe.

Very much appreciate it and believe you'll find the sauce extremely good and truly authentic in flavor. I put this recipe together a couple years ago and immediately fell in love with it.

Mee three on the ranchero sauce recipe, please. Looks fantastic.

Actually you're #4 but who's counting?? :emoji_wink:

Here ya go guys. If you do decide to make it please let me know what you think.

1 T olive oil
½ cup chopped white onions
2 Jalapenos seeds and stems removed and chopped
2 t minced garlic
4 Roma tomatoes diced
½ t salt
1 t black pepper
1/2 t ground cumin
1 t paprika
1 t guajillo pepper
½ t chipotle pepper
½ t oregano (recommend Mexican)
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth

Instructions

Add the olive oil, onions, jalapenos, and garlic to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat and saute for about 5 minutes until softened.

Add tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil

Lower heat and simmer till sauce reduces by about 1/3 or to desired consistency.

Note: The size of the tomatoes can directly affect the volume so add spices accordingly

Since I was only doing two pork chops I did half a batch for this one. If I'm doing a whole pan full of burritos (or something similar) I'll make a whole batch.

Robert

Looks delicious and and something I'd stand in line for, very creative Robert, Tex-Mex at it's finest! Love that loaf too!

Very much appreciate it Ray. this was really, really good...and Tracy loved the loaf also. Truth be told though, I sneaked a little slice while it was still warm out of the oven and slathered it with butter. Very good stuff!!

Robert

You took this one over the top Robert! Everything looks amazing. Love the different layers of flavor you packed in there. Carousel worthy post right there.

Thanks so much my friend. Honestly though, I have Chile to thank for the education in creating and layering of the flavors. He was a HUGE help bringing me along.

Robert

And another cook to make my mouth water! Man that looks good.

The kind words are appreciated Jim. Was very please with how this came out. It was fun, creative, and original so as always, it was a crap shoot from the opening bell. Sometimes you roll a 7 and sometimes you go bust :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks Robert saved and printed it off. Hopefully soon this will be on the table at home.

Fantastic David, and of course, you're more than welcome. Please do let me know what you think if it finds itself onto your table. I'd be curious to get some feedback. If you're into Mexican food, I also have a very good enchilada sauce I put together which both of us love. If you'd like to see that also, just say the word.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very nice pork ranchero dinner, Robert! The recipe for the sauce sounds delicious, and it looks pretty colorful through the monitor.

I’d love to sit down to a plate of that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky