Cheesesteak Hot Pockets #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those look really good. I've done something similar using premade pie dough. Using a half circle for each, then folding over and sealing the edges with a fork

Really looks great Bear! Definitely gonna try this. Since you posted something with that shaved beef a few months ago, we've been using it a lot, mostly for cheesesteaks. It's very good.

Thank You Mike!!
Did you find the same brand down there? "Old Neighborhood"
So far, we never had any gristle in their product.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Mike!!
Did you find the same brand down there? "Old Neighborhood"
So far, we never had any gristle in their product.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Wal Mart has that exact same product same label " Ole Neighborhood". But they also make it for Kroger under the Kroger label. Looks exactly the same packaging. The only difference is "Kroger" on front instead.
Wal Mart is always out of stock, so it all works out. True no gristle, very little fat, and so much better than steak ums.

Wal Mart has that exact same product same label " Ole Neighborhood". But they also make it for Kroger under the Kroger label. Looks exactly the same packaging. The only difference is "Kroger" on front instead.
Wal Mart is always out of stock, so it all works out. True no gristle, very little fat, and so much better than steak ums.

For Many Years we used a local product from "Landis Meats", and I used to brag about how good it was, and I recommended it to others.
Then we got a few batches with a lot of Gristle, so we tried this "Ole Neighborhood" brand, and it's been awesome for us for at least 5 years.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Those look really good. I've done something similar using premade pie dough. Using a half circle for each, then folding over and sealing the edges with a fork

Thank You Gregor!!

Bear

For Many Years we used a local product from "Landis Meats", and I used to brag about how good it was, and I recommended it to others.
Then we got a few batches with a lot of Gristle, so we tried this "Ole Neighborhood" brand, and it's been awesome for us for at least 5 years.

Bear
We made these tonight. My wife loved it! This is rare because she usually doesn't like to try new recipes.
So you have a new fan! Thanks again, it was really good.

Reactions: Bearcarver
We made these tonight. My wife loved it! This is rare because she usually doesn't like to try new recipes.
So you have a new fan! Thanks again, it was really good.

Thank You Mike!!
I'm real glad to hear She & you enjoyed it.
They are Pretty good!!

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Wow! Nice!!!

I've used crescent rolls as wraps too. My daughter is like me - we aren't red sauce pizza eaters so I've done steak with alfredo, and pepperoni / sausage with alfredo in crescent rolls.

I'm going to try steak sauce soon - I don't like steak sauce on steak but I'm betting that loose meat, steak sauce, onions and cheese is a winner, maybe a big splash of salsa verde on mine with a little sour cream smeared on top with pickled jalopenos like you did the pickle chips.

Food doesn't have to be complex. I can cook fancy, I grew up in restaurants. Food MUST taste good, and sometimes simple ingredients and canned dough (or frozen) makes filling comfort food.

Looks real good John. That be a perfect game day lunch.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! Nice!!!

I've used crescent rolls as wraps too. My daughter is like me - we aren't red sauce pizza eaters so I've done steak with alfredo, and pepperoni / sausage with alfredo in crescent rolls.

I'm going to try steak sauce soon - I don't like steak sauce on steak but I'm betting that loose meat, steak sauce, onions and cheese is a winner, maybe a big splash of salsa verde on mine with a little sour cream smeared on top with pickled jalopenos like you did the pickle chips.

Food doesn't have to be complex. I can cook fancy, I grew up in restaurants. Food MUST taste good, and sometimes simple ingredients and canned dough (or frozen) makes filling comfort food.

Thank You Hijack!!
Appreciate that.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky