Cheesecake in my pressure cooker..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I love cheesecake... I decided to FINALLY try making one... This one is my second...
I had to tweak the Insta Pot recipe for this one... It's more in line with what members on this forum make...
I still had a problem with the center not totally cooking but.... I covered the cake with foil and towels and let it finish cooking on the kitchen counter and all is good...
My stuff..
.. my modified 50 year old cooker ....
024.JPG .. 008.JPG

.. getting the air our of the batter...
030.JPG .. 032.JPG

Woo-Hoo!
Looks Great, Dave!

I recently used a liner for 'her' crock pot. Those things are the cats meow!
Lift it out, and the pot is clean!

50 year old Cooker....
My wife often tells me she's been cookin for 50 years. :emoji_thinking:
But actually, she's wrong. It's more like 60. :emoji_older_woman:

Dave

Looks great
And thanks for the Blood sugar elevation...Lol

Looks pretty good to me. I've been wanting to try to make one in mine. How do you get that out of the pot?

Awesome job Dave. Never thought to do a cheesecake in the pressure cooker

The only way I do cheesecake is in my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.

I use the foil sling method shown in this video.
PS- my secret crust recipe uses ginger snap cookies that you get in a tin around chrismass time instead of graham crackers or oreos.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I use my pressure cooker several times a week, but never thought of doing a cheesecake. What are the advantages of doing it under pressure?

BTW, many of my recipes are done using pressure steam (i.e., using a trivet to keep the food out of the water as is shown in the OP's pics). It is the best way to cook potatoes before mashing them (6-7 minutes pressure steamed); cooking rice (7 minutes pressure steamed); and pretty much any vegetable (artichokes come to mind).

I like the pressure cooker cake... No crust on the top, it's all wonderful creamy cheese... The other + is it only take 30 minutes to cook... It takes longer to mix up all the ingredients...
I tried the foil sling idea.. worked good... Sooooo, I had to screw with the sling idea and make electric fence wire hand holds...
You should know me by now, I have to screw with every good idea....

I've been intrigued with this post and so I went to a site where the author blogs her recipes, many of which use an insta-pot/pressure cooker. Here is one of several of her cheesecake recipes:

Pressure Cooker Cheesecake

According to her, the big advantage of doing it in the pressure cooker is that the cheesecake doesn't crack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky