Cheese, Grommit!

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by adiochiro3, Feb 6, 2011.

1. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I decided to throw a couple of Tilamook cheddar cheese blocks in the upright part of my smoker while cooking some game day ribs and ABT's.  Smoked with ash wood from our own tree.

[​IMG]

I have this routine dialed -- I know how to keep this part of the smoker at 90* while the SFB stays at a perfect 225*.  However, I should have paid more attention this time.  Thankfully, I was too lazy to clean the grate, so I put the blocks on foil for for the first time.  The temp spiked at some point during the smoke, and this was the result:

[​IMG]

Hilarious!  The wife laughed at me!  I vacuum packed it anyway -- should be good eats if not hard to slice for sandwiches!  LOL!  Even a smoking vet misses every once in a while!  Thank God I had it on the foil or all would be lost!  I usually just set these right on the grate!

2. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I did the same today but had to work it out of the grill. [​IMG]

3. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

You could have just made some quick nachos!!!!!!LOL We all do some silly things sometimes...ita all good!!

4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If you get an AMNS you wont have that problem...

5. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thanks for the thought.  This is the first time I've had this trouble, and I've smoked a lot of cheese!  I'll keep a better eye on it next time!