Cheese, Grommit!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 19, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I decided to throw a couple of Tilamook cheddar cheese blocks in the upright part of my smoker while cooking some game day ribs and ABT's.  Smoked with ash wood from our own tree.

0984eff2_IMG_1481.jpg

I have this routine dialed -- I know how to keep this part of the smoker at 90* while the SFB stays at a perfect 225*.  However, I should have paid more attention this time.  Thankfully, I was too lazy to clean the grate, so I put the blocks on foil for for the first time.  The temp spiked at some point during the smoke, and this was the result:

11c2529f_IMG_1483.jpg

Hilarious!  The wife laughed at me!  I vacuum packed it anyway -- should be good eats if not hard to slice for sandwiches!  LOL!  Even a smoking vet misses every once in a while!  Thank God I had it on the foil or all would be lost!  I usually just set these right on the grate!

If you get an AMNS you wont have that problem...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky