Cheese dip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

devildog89

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Seattle
Growing up Dad used to make a simple cheese dip that I couldnt get enough of. A few years ago I finally got the recipe from him. Now this year I used smoked cheddar and WOW. 

24oz regular cream cheese

1lb cheddar(I used medium, smoked with cherry wood)

fresh garlic about 1 whole clove, adjust to your taste

and beer for thinning, he used a dark beer most of the time, I used Sam Adams this time.

This goes great with chips, crackers or even veggies. Didn't think to take any pics, but thought some may enjoy this simple snack recipe so I had to share.

Careful on the garlic, wife threathens to kick me out of bed if I have too much.

sounds a lot like the beer dip I make, but has less cream cheese, frozen corn, and green onion - if I can find them.  I also tend to use a lager beer, or an ale, but that is because I don't like dark beers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky