Cheese: 10.5 pounds. gonna hit it with 50/50 apple-hickory real soon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Picked up some cheese at the commissary today.

Cold smoking weather is here.

ten and a half pounds.jpg

Will pick up another 10 pounds, didn't want to be a pig!

Makes for a good Christmas present.

Reactions: crazymoon
OH MY GOODNESS!
And all Sharp and Extra Sharp.
Outstanding!
Please post your progress/results.
I'll keep a drool towel ready. :D

I buy Cabot when its on sale also $1.77 WalMart 8 ounce blocks also turn out great. A couple weeks go I picked up two 32 ounce blocks of house brand EX Sharp cheddar at BJs whole sale club and it too turned out great. If memory serves it was around $6 a block.

It amazing how 3 hours of cold smoke transforms a inexpensive block of cheese into something soooo much better.
Bet it goes well with all your jerky.

BA350, You can't beat Cabot for smoking, you will have nice charge of smoked goodies!
I remember years ago when Cabot first showed up at Walmart. Very good price and still is. I love all of the Cabot sharps!!

Last edited:
Nice haul of cheese. You won't see any complaints from me about your choice of brand name. One suggestion - the sharper the cheese the more crumbly it can become. Good luck and enjoy it. I'll be testing the Hot Habanero I smoked the other day - today. Can't wait.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Took tomorrow off. Getting up early for a morning blackpowder hunt. After that, probably throw some cheese in the smoker and wait until evening hunt time.

Never got to the cheese, but I got a small buck. 3 more tags to fill. Gonna try BearCarvers dried beef recipe with the backstraps.
small buck.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
Dang that looks good. Nice Job.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky