Checking Temperature on Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin stang

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Paducah, Kentucky
Where is the safest place to check the temperature on a chicken and make sure it is done? If your temperature reads 165 in the breast is the whole chicken done?

Smokin Stang...the best place to check temp on poultry is the deepest part of the thigh ...be careful not to touch the bone with your probe though...just into the deepest part of the meat...hope this helps :)
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

if i think that it's real close to done i will check at 2 or 3 different places or both sides of the bird. then if time warrants wrap and stick in a cooler for a while guarenteed to be done then. i've coolered birds for up to 3 hours and they would be to hot to handle

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky