• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Checking Temperature on Chicken

smokin stang

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 15, 2006
Where is the safest place to check the temperature on a chicken and make sure it is done? If your temperature reads 165 in the breast is the whole chicken done?

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Smokin Stang...the best place to check temp on poultry is the deepest part of the thigh ...be careful not to touch the bone with your probe though...just into the deepest part of the meat...hope this helps :)

linescum

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2006
if i think that it's real close to done i will check at 2 or 3 different places or both sides of the bird. then if time warrants wrap and stick in a cooler for a while guarenteed to be done then. i've coolered birds for up to 3 hours and they would be to hot to handle

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I always hit the inside part of the thighs (it gets hidden) and the breast to check temperatures.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.