Checking in from my hiatus......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2007
Detroit Suburbs
Checking in during my semester break from the Fall semester.

I took a load of classes and FINALLY - it is over.

My grades....

Anatomy and Physiology 1 - A+
Microbiology - B
Phlebotomy - A+
Medical Office - A
Medical Terminolgy - B

It was a difficult trip, but this leg of the journey is over and I am honestly loving the break. Next up is Anatomy2, Chemistry and Algebra.

On a sad note, we lost our dog of 14 years earlier this month. Chipper contracted a urinary infection and we thought we had it licked, but what we didn't know, was that she also had lymphoma. She deteriorated pretty fast and we ended up putting her down so that she wouldn't suffer any more than she already had.

The good news is that we got another dog, Molly, and she is terrific. She is a Beagle mix, 1 year old, and the best we could have hoped for in a dog. She is a rescue from the Humae Society like Chipper was. We still miss Chipper, but Molly is helping us to move forward.

I managed to smoke a couple turkey's over Thanksgiving and looking to do a couple pork roasts and Butt Birds if the winds calm down by next weekend.

I missed posting here over the last few months, but I needed to get past this last semester in order to get a job in healthcare. I'm hoping to have a job after the holiday's and start making a new career path.

School doesn't begin again until the 15th of January, so I'll try to check in and post some pics of my upcoming smoke next week.

Merry Christmas.....
icon_cool.gif

Nice to see you again. Sounds like you did excellent in school, congrats.

Sorry about your loss and congrats on the new addition.

Looking forward to seeing your smokes this month and next.

Hey Watery...

great job on the grades!! Before you know it you will be all finished with school :)

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. That is so hard to go thru. I hope your new addition to your family makes you all as happy as Chipper did :)

Good luck on school when you go back in January! We arent going anywhere, you just worry about getting good grades in school.

Good to see you again though :)

Hey bro, long time no see!!! Glad to hear school is goin well, awesome grade's, missed you for hunting season.....hope ya been keeping that GOSM semi-warm, lotta thing's happenin this upcoming year.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You only got like 5 month's worth of post's to catch up on!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky