Check Out GMF - Grilling Meat Forums

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by tulsajeff, Apr 24, 2012.

1. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

[​IMG]

We started a sister site a good while back at http://www.grillingmeatforums.com to cover the other side of outdoor cooking.. grilling. It's a different animal and while I don't claim to be a grilling expert of sorts, I do turn out some pretty mean food on my Charbroil Red Infrared Grill.

If you also like to grill and/or you would like to learn more about grilling or you are a grilling machine and can answer newbie questions about grilling, then jump right in.

There is a Roll Call section just like we have here, and that is always a great place to start. Let us know who you are, where you live, what kind of grill you are using and anything else about yourself that you are willing to share.

You will see some familiar faces there such as Brian and Jerry as well as many other members who have already gotten involved. I just wanted to post it for all of the new folks and in case you have not heard about it yet. I feel confident that it will grow and, in time, be THE forum to go to for all of your grilling information.

Help us make that happen!!

http://grillingmeatforums.com/

2. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Have not heard of until now Jeff, but will definitely check it out. Thanks!

3. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

Jeff, does our log in from SMF work there or do we have to create a new one?

4. tulsajeff

It is a totally different site using the Xenforo software and you will need to setup a new login. Feel free to use the same username if you like.

5. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

Thanks Jeff!

6. jp61

It's laid out nicely Jeff and wish you good success with it! Though as a US Marine ("Once a Marine always a Marine") I do have one little question. [​IMG]  Pink? 

7. tulsajeff

It's still using the "out of the box" look for now other than the top logo area. I agree that we need to do some work on the styling.. colors and such but we'll get that done in due time. I agree, the "pink" does need to go[​IMG]

8. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

That's not pink, that's medium rare!

9. tulsajeff

There you go.. That explains it!!!Thumbs Up

10. Just signed up.

11. jp61

[​IMG]  I'm just messing with ya..... It's not the color that's important but rather the content. Wish you the best!

12. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Think I will check it out. But after a year and a half on this site, I am a much better smoker than griller!

Mike

13. Thanks for the link Jeff, I just signed up!

And gentlemen, that is not pink, nor medium rare, the color I am seeing is Peach!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  14. jp61

Whatever it is, it's pretty! [​IMG]

15. How long does it take to get the confirmation email? 

16. About 3 seconds. Google mail threw mine in the spam folder.

17. I haven't gotten any and nothing in spam, even requested a second one and still nothing

18. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

If you have issues I can get you taken care of. Just PM me.

19. tulsajeff

SmokinHusker, I just validated you manually. I'm not sure why you didn't get the email but at any rate, you should be good to go now.

20. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

I just got this Format down! Looks nice and I saw a few Friendly faces over there...JJ