Cheapest Boston Butt I seen in a while

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

delfuegosr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
All,

I'm in the Houston area and our HEB has bone-in BB's for 0.99/lb ! All large 9+ lbs! I don't think there is a limit. I'm bought 2 already and will have the wife pick up a couple more today.

What's the best price you've seen lately on this cut?

drool.gif

Reactions: plimtuna
About the cheapest I have seen lately is $1.89. If I was there and had the freezer space I would stock up big time @ $.99

Keep Smokin!!!

Wolf

Last edited:
Nice I was lucky and picked up a shoulder for $1.39 and was happy its in the freezer.

All,

I'm in the Houston area and our HEB has bone-in BB's for 0.99/lb ! All large 9+ lbs! I don't think there is a limit. I'm bought 2 already and will have the wife pick up a couple more today.

What's the best price you've seen lately on this cut?

drool.gif
I would fill the freezer up !!

Gary

Update -  Bought 5 more Friday morning for a total of (8) 9+ pounders in the freezer. No Limit!  Cooked one Saturday just on general principal w? Hickory pellets. My 4 yr. old granddaughter "likes Papaw's BBQ!". I found an ad this week for pork loin - 1.79/lb at FOOD TOWN. I think I may have just enough room left in the freezer. I really like using that Amazin Smoker 6X8 tray with my MES 40". @/# full of hickory pellets gave me @ 6 hrs of excellent smoke!

Wish we had an HEB closets one is an hour away

Gary

you are lucky,  here in central Texas the HEB's had them for $1.40 this last week, they had t-bones for about $5/lb too and our local in store butcher does a great job of cutting them nice and thick

new ad's/this weeks sales come out every wednesday 

I check HEB's ads every single week like a damn crack addict looking for the best deal on meats to stick in the freezer

You did well. I picked up a couple today myself, just not that cheap. Mine were $1.31 a pound.  Also picked a up large package of Pork Steaks @ $1.60 a pound. Not bad for in the sticks pricing.

Now if Beef would get a little cheaper. You almost need to float a loan to buy a Brisket.  Did I mention I like Pork and Poultry just fine. :)

Bob

I hit two groceries yesterday, one had butts for $1.59 (neck bones were $1.69) and the other wanted $3.29.
thats just ridiculous

I've seen that kinda price flux between local HEB and Wallyworld who are the only grocery choices in town and are only a couple miles apart

Wally usually is the higher on meats but cheaper on produce and other groceries,  its crazy too because HEB meats always seem to be higher quality as well

Found a new store in my area, Price Rite pork shoulder $0.99 a lb. chicken leg quarters $0.75 lb. Taking the boss there tomorrow. Boneless Pork loin or spare ribs $1.99 

I only held off buying because I still have some breakfast sausage frozen and I want to finish those out first. Otherwise I'm ready to buy and grind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky