Cheap container

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought this on Amazon and love it. I put a couple of hand towels on it to trap the heat a little more (to save a little energy is all). I ran it with no lid once at 195F and it maintained temp just fine too.

Not sure how cheap you mean - but this was $37
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X8ZPZWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

SV Container.jpg

I’m Looking to get into my sous vide more (all I’ve done was one chicken breast when my buddy gave it to me) I did it in my sink and I’m looking for an actual container for it now. I’ve seen some that are $50+ anyone use a cheaper option or have any suggestions?
In a pinch I was doing a bunch of lamb loin chops that would not fit into a stock pot. I grabbed a VEGETABLE BIN out of the garage refrigerator and it worked like a charm!!

Old thread. I know. I picked up a Coleman Party Stacker.
Will use it mainly for sausage and summer sausage...

Opinions on the best place to drill the hole?

Corner? Center of lid? Center edge of long side? Short side?

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky