Charcuterie Board?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
What are your favorite things to put on a charcuterie board ? My favorites are Smoked Sharp American, Smoked Swiss, Salami, Prosicutto, Buttery Crackers, Chocolate Covered Cashews, Green Pepper Jelly, and Fig Jelly.

Fig jelly goes great with cheese for sure. I remember a couple years ago Kroger was handing out samples that were a thick oat cracker with fig jelly, aged gouda and an almond. Amazing! I served them that year at our Christmas gathering.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I don't get it either (stacks).

I like dried beef, dried venison, loin bacon, salumi, and pickled herring. I do more ham & summer sausage as that is what many people choose first,
A blend of smoked and natural cheeses.
No butter crackers. I use either melba toasts or crostini or untoasted baguette slices.
The untoasted baguette slices go a long way to filling up your guests on cheap bread versus the pricey meats and cheeses. Yeah, I'm that kind of host

I do Prosciutto and Coppa in UMAi bags, also like to thin slice some Canadian bacon, sharp cheddar or pepper jack goes well, salami, sliced baguette slices or crackers work. RAY
DSCN1084.JPG

Whole muscle air dried cuts (smoked or not), cold smoked sausages, feemented sausages and salamis, pâtes, terrines, headcheese, cold and hot smoked fish, fishegg spread, variety of cheeses (soft, hard, smoked, moldy), capers, caper berries, pickles, cukes, red/yellow peppers, cherry/grape tomatoes, green onion, assorted olives, roasted vegetables, crackers, torn toasted naan bread, sliced fresh baguette, vegetable spreads, cheese spreads, honey, berries, nuts, dark chocolate
A picture's worth 1000 words?
In one of the ramekins in the center are blue cheese balls coated with dark chocolate. Try it. They are awesome.

charcuterie.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky