Char Sui Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikelens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 17, 2016
Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
D4EAA36A-1DDF-4678-B1D0-F5286574EAF2.jpeg Wanted to try something different. Saw a post on here about Char Sui ribs. Made my own sauce & sank a skinned & boned shoulder

Never tried it but it looks really good.

Chris

Got to say; I really liked it. The Chinese 5 spice gives it a distinct flavor the we enjoyed. I want to try it on pork chops or maybe cut a shoulder into steaks. See if the sauce penetrates more.

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
The meat looks great. Marinate a min of 2 days and 3-4 are better. That will flavor the outer 1\4" or so. For full penetration, inject. It's fast and intensely flavored...JJ

Got to say; I really liked it. The Chinese 5 spice gives it a distinct flavor the we enjoyed. I want to try it on pork chops or maybe cut a shoulder into steaks. See if the sauce penetrates more.

Give it a try with country style boneless pork ribs. I used those back a few months ago, marinade for 24hrs..they came out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky