Char-Griller Lid is Twisted and Won't Close Fully Without Force

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Charlie Savoie

Original poster
Oct 11, 2021
I assembled a new Char-Griller Smoking Outlaw today. Many parts had dings and dents but that has been typical of every Char-Griller I have ever bought. After I fastened the lid to the base, I closed it. It moves freely but the angles of the two parts do not line up so the lid does not align with the base properly. The lid is twisted relative to the base and sits on one front corner of the base lip rather than going over it.

I tried tweaking the lid but it just springs back to the misaligned position. The ears that the hinge pins slide through looked bent so I straightened them with no improvement.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? P.S. I can't return it because I am outside of the return window. I need to fix it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky