Champion juicer for emulsifying. Wow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Heck of a deal there Steve. Nice unit.
There is a bit of a learning curve with feeding the meat because the throat on these is a bit narrow. I make small meatballs or roll them out like smallish sausages that are smaller than the throat to feed well. If you do this ahead of time the process goes smoothly. The machine eats the meat with ease and really about as fast as you can feed it but dropping a handful of meat and pushing it with the stomper didn’t work well for me.

Reactions: BjornEK and zwiller
There is a bit of a learning curve with feeding the meat because the throat on these is a bit narrow. I make small meatballs or roll them out like smallish sausages that are smaller than the throat to feed well. If you do this ahead of time the process goes smoothly. The machine eats the meat with ease and really about as fast as you can feed it but dropping a handful of meat and pushing it with the stomper didn’t work well for me.
Thanks! And thanks for the tip. If I can get some casings. I'll try something this weekend. Nothing really fancy though.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Congrats Steve H Steve H Around here $100 is typical but most are missing parts. Mine didn't have the blank plate. Ebay is a good resource for parts. IIRC the blank plate is like $40 plus ship new. I paid $15 shipped for a used plate.

+1. Seems like it works best with a gentle hand.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Hi guys. Just picked up a used champion juicer couple of days ago but it has no blank plate. Can it still be used without it? Am looking for a replacement but with shipping it's about what I paid for the machine in the first place.

Hi guys. Just picked up a used champion juicer couple of days ago but it has no blank plate. Can it still be used without it? Am looking for a replacement but with shipping it's about what I paid for the machine in the first place.
To emulsify you have to use a blank plate or in some way block the opening.

Since I am cheap bastard I mcgyvered one out of some 2 inch pvc pipe I had standing in the corner and used heat gun to shape it. Looks like it will work. Hopefully I'll get some time this week to try it out making hot dogs for the grandkids. Fingers crossed.

Just a quick update : did 1kg. (Half pork half beef) today,used the juicer and it worked great! But what a pain to clean lol. Will post a photo when I figure out how to get it of my phone and onto here.

Just a quick update : did 1kg. (Half pork half beef) today,used the juicer and it worked great! But what a pain to clean lol. Will post a photo when I figure out how to get it of my phone and onto here.
Log on with your phone, and post the pics from the phone here directly.

i think i got it. 20230208_154450.jpg

Great that you are satisfied! I can understand that you feel that it is a lot of cleaning when you made only 1 kg.
I think that the cleaning is quick and easy.
I first rinse the parts in cold water to prevent that the meat "turns to sticky gum" to remove all visible residue. Then with a brush in luke warm soapy water, then rinse again.
5 min tops

Just a tip for those buying old champion juicers. The cutter tends to be pretty nasty from mineral deposits from the fruits and vegetables.
I bought a champion nr. 2 off eBay. Soaking the cutter in soap water and bleach accomplished nothing, the stuff was like concrete
Before and after pictures after soaking in Vanish oxi for clothes for 24h.
Screenshot_20230215-083858.png
PXL_20230215_103130438.jpg

Just a tip for those buying old champion juicers. The cutter tends to be pretty nasty from mineral deposits from the fruits and vegetables.
I bought a champion nr. 2 off eBay. Soaking the cutter in soap water and bleach accomplished nothing, the stuff was like concrete
Before and after pictures after soaking in Vanish oxi for clothes for 24h.
View attachment 657838View attachment 657839
Looks almost new! Great tip. Thanks!

Reactions: BjornEK
We have like 5-6 containers of Dollar Tree oxy on hand at all times. Amazing stuff. The hotter the water the better. Cleans up smoker racks like new as well.

Reactions: BjornEK and Steve H
No regrind on this. Made some 4" loafs ( noodles?) that fit in the hopper and couldn't feed it fast enough. Worked like a charm straight into my stuffer. Should have said I mixed all spices in first till good and sticking to my hands so it would be ready to stuff after.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky