Champion juicer for emulsifying. Wow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BjornEK

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 22, 2023
Molde, Norway
Thanks to boykjo boykjo .His thread about using a Champion juicer for emulsifying sausage meat sent me straight to Ebay.

Got the juicer in the mail today, and one hour later I had made a small test production.
Not an exiting recipe, just a proof of concept.
Some grinded pork 23% fat, 1.6% salt, some chili flakes, a dash of ice cold water, and a little bit of potato starch.
Worked by hand until sticky and in the Campion.
It is as fast as a meat grinder, and the meat got perfectly emulsified.
Because it was only a test, i just spooned the dough in a plastic casing and on the stove in a water bath.
Did not lose a drop of liquid, and a great bind. Some air bubbles because I was in a hurry.
Just found and bought another Champion. I no longer miss a bowl cutter.
PXL_20230126_192349960.TS_exported_9403_1674764376018.jpg

I found TONS on FBM near me at a good deal. Bunch under $100. Found blank plate on ebay for $15 shipped.

Reactions: BjornEK
I bought mine a few years ago of fleabay is a good machine but the teeth on the cone were slightly rounded and not to sharp, they must have done fruit with heavy seed I’m guessing, at any rate I did have to resharpen the whole cone, was a pain but works much better now. Buying used is just that, but the machine is a beast and processes meat without so much as a grunt. It runs about a pound a minute of mince and produces almost no heat and like mentioned no extra water is needed from forming a nice batter like for stuffing.

Reactions: BjornEK and zwiller
I just tried frying a thick slice in a dry frying pan on high heat until golden brown.
The pan remained dry, so very stable.
Tempted to try to mix emulsified and grinded meat to get more artisan style sausages, and hopefully heat stable for the grill. I like my grilled sausages golden brown.
I'll guess that some of you have already tried this and can give me some advice?

Sounds like another rabbit hole! I found one 30 miles from me for $85. Mmm

If it is in a good condition I would say that is a good buy. If it has pictures of the cutter look for wear and tear and if the teeth are sharp (you can sharpen them if not), and also if the blank plate is there. You have to use that for sausage meat.

You are lucky, I paid more for mine, but I'm from Norway and have to look for european 230v models. I find maybe 30 120v models for every 230v...

My Champion nr. 2 shipped from UK today :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky