CenTex Smokers (Austin and Surounding Areas)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Favorite BBQ staple to cook is:

• Sausage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beef (other)

• Pork (other)

• Poultry

• Wild Game

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I figured i would throw my hat in the ring, fairly new to SMF, but certainly not new to smoking meat. I figure Houston is close enough for you. My old stomping grounds are the Odessa/Midland area. Good evening one and all.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
I figured i would throw my hat in the ring, fairly new to SMF, but certainly not new to smoking meat. I figure Houston is close enough for you. My old stomping grounds are the Odessa/Midland area. Good evening one and all.
C'mon in! I think the average of Midland and Houston is CenTex :emoji_thumbsup:

Been a crazy busy couple of weeks. Well, one of them was a vacation... then a week of catching up. Checking back in here.

Not too many cooks. But did make some more Pork Belly Burnt Ends...

full

These ones were Pitfaced Spicy Rub smoked for 3.5-4 hours at 265°F. Glazed with Butter, Brown Sugar, Honey and Chili Lime Cholula. it's what was available. There was a really good sweet/heat balance though and I really enjoyed them as usual. They will be the death of me, and I'm ok with that :emoji_smile:

Last edited:
Hell yeah! :emoji_thumbsup:I've wanted one since the 90's.
A used one has eluded me a few times.
Day late,dollar short.:emoji_weary:
Yup. Been watching for awhile. A long while. Friend on another forum tagged me. Couldn't let it go this time around. Little rough but just needs a little TLC and it'll be fine . Cooks fine as is, just cosmetic really.

But so glad to have jumped on it. Wife asked if I was selling the 26 or 22 now... Ummm... A good collection has all sizes right?!

Tell her you'll get rid of them when they break.
Of course you need all sizes,you don't have one size pot and one size pan do ya?
source.gif

Now I just need some time this weekend to load it up full! only done a couple grilling events on it to heat it up to clean. looks so empty!

Ranch Burgers.jpg

and a 20 lb brisket for reference too...

brisket.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky