Celebration Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Lawson Mo
Celebrating the beginning of a new job and probably the last 3 day weekend I'll have in a very long time ! 

I couldn't let this weekend pass without firin up the smoker.  I have a 4.5lb but goin on soon and if all goes well I should get to enjoy it with some close friends of ours this evening.

I thought I'd try something a bit different and spritz it every hour.  Normally I toss it on and let it go till done. 

Gonna give finishin sauce a try as well.  Maybe catch some football inbetween!!

rut roh George my smoker ran away with itself..320!!! yikes
eek.gif
  comin back down now, looks like I might eat early LOL

icon_cool.gif

It all sounds good but we need the Q-view to be happy out here in the wide world of smoking.

you are just gonna have to wait!!  I'll stick a probe in it in about 2 hours to see where I'm at with it. Temps finally back down to 250!! 

think I did too much celebrating and not enuff payin attention!!

Wasn't my best nor was it the worst.  Made a good dinner with corn on the cob and smashed tators.

daa1276b_butts003.jpg
516da1e6_butts004.jpg
871875df_butts002.jpg

Looks pretty good. Congrats on the job again.

thanks B   Had temp problems all day ( and football distractions 
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif
)

Tried a different method of burning my coals which might have had something to do with the high heat.  next time I'll go back to how I normally do things. It was a good eat but parts of it did get dry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky