1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Celebration Butt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lugnutz, Sep 12, 2010.

1. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Celebrating the beginning of a new job and probably the last 3 day weekend I'll have in a very long time ! 

I couldn't let this weekend pass without firin up the smoker.  I have a 4.5lb but goin on soon and if all goes well I should get to enjoy it with some close friends of ours this evening.

I thought I'd try something a bit different and spritz it every hour.  Normally I toss it on and let it go till done. 

Gonna give finishin sauce a try as well.  Maybe catch some football inbetween!!

2. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

rut roh George my smoker ran away with itself..320!!! yikes[​IMG]   comin back down now, looks like I might eat early LOL

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

It all sounds good but we need the Q-view to be happy out here in the wide world of smoking.

4. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

you are just gonna have to wait!!  I'll stick a probe in it in about 2 hours to see where I'm at with it. Temps finally back down to 250!! 

5. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

think I did too much celebrating and not enuff payin attention!!

Wasn't my best nor was it the worst.  Made a good dinner with corn on the cob and smashed tators.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks pretty good. Congrats on the job again.

7. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

thanks B   Had temp problems all day ( and football distractions [​IMG] )

Tried a different method of burning my coals which might have had something to do with the high heat.  next time I'll go back to how I normally do things. It was a good eat but parts of it did get dry.