• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Celebration Butt

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
Celebrating the beginning of a new job and probably the last 3 day weekend I'll have in a very long time ! 

I couldn't let this weekend pass without firin up the smoker.  I have a 4.5lb but goin on soon and if all goes well I should get to enjoy it with some close friends of ours this evening.

I thought I'd try something a bit different and spritz it every hour.  Normally I toss it on and let it go till done. 

Gonna give finishin sauce a try as well.  Maybe catch some football inbetween!!

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
rut roh George my smoker ran away with itself..320!!! yikes
  comin back down now, looks like I might eat early LOL

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

It all sounds good but we need the Q-view to be happy out here in the wide world of smoking.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
you are just gonna have to wait!!  I'll stick a probe in it in about 2 hours to see where I'm at with it. Temps finally back down to 250!! 

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
think I did too much celebrating and not enuff payin attention!!

Wasn't my best nor was it the worst.  Made a good dinner with corn on the cob and smashed tators.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks pretty good. Congrats on the job again.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
thanks B   Had temp problems all day ( and football distractions 
)

Tried a different method of burning my coals which might have had something to do with the high heat.  next time I'll go back to how I normally do things. It was a good eat but parts of it did get dry.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks