Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas. Wife's birthday was today. She's been asking for salmon for months so today was the day. Most of the kids are either working or out with friends today so just 3 of us. Picked up 3 nice filets. Marinated in this Korean BBQ sauce meat down for about an hour
IMG_20220522_184500.jpg

Then onto a soaked cedar plank. Added a hefty dose of red pepper flake
IMG_20220522_184552.jpg

Kettle fire up and salmon on. Didn't measure temps
IMG_20220522_184632.jpg

Rotated the lid every few minutes so everything got adequate heat. Smelled absolutely wonderful. After about 20min brushed some more sauce on then let it go for 10 more minutes
IMG_20220522_191723.jpg

The sugars in the sauce caramelized perfectly. Didn't temp the fish. Just went by feel. Perfect flakiness.
IMG_20220522_193452.jpg

Had a nice salad and some rice. Emily loved it which was most important. Thanks for looking. Got some bacon smoking I need to go tend to

Haven't done the cedar plank in a long time. Looks excellent Jake, and Happy Birthday to the Mrs. 🍻

That looks really good! And I'm not even a fan of salmon. And a happy birthday from us to your wife as well!

Ryan

Reactions: TNJAKE
We've been eating a lot of salmon lately. This looks amazing. What is the brand of that Korean sauce? Hard to tell from the pic.

And tell the missus happy May birthday from another May birthday.

Wow, I'm salivating! I've used that Korean sauce before to make beef bulgogi, but it never occurred to me to try it on salmon. Another SMF recipe I'm going to have to try! Thanks

Now that is a thing of beauty Jake!
Love the color and I'm sure the flavor was great as well . Happy birthday Emily !

Keith

Happy birthday to Emily!
Nice job on the birthday girl’s dinner there Jake! The color on the salmon is just awesome!
A

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky