Caveman is a lurkin around here somewhere...............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caveman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
You know, I had to move and the place I am in now is so much, much more quieter & safer.  My wife was laid off after seven years of employment in the same year we were going to make our first home purchase.  Go figure.  We had to leave the old neighborhood because the "Riff Raff" was growing in force & there were more trouble & break-ins than the previous year.  (That area was going to crap.)  So wifey said, since we are not getting a house this year, let's get away from here.  I know you vet's of marriage know the adage: Happy Wife, Happy Life.  So we packed up the 11 year old & left.  The new place is two bedrooms, two "FULL" bathrooms, upstairs, inclosed community with a parking stall for wifey & a garage for me.  We love the peace & quiet.  We love our new neighbors whom have welcomed us with open arms.  I had to give up Direct TV for Time Warner Cable but the Verizon FiOS is almost ready to go.  Next week they say.  Yep.  Nice & peaceful.  My only complaint is that THEY DON'T ALLOW CHARCOAL ON THE PROPERTY!!!!!!   OMG!!!  Who are these owners??  Have they never had the sweet taste of smoke touch their lips????  I would write congress but they are too busy trying to increase the national debt.  Jeez!!  No SMOKERS!!  My 22.5 Weber sits in my sister's garage crying for it's daddy.  (My garage was not an option as I feel the need to pull it out & smoke if it is close to me.) 

Well, wifey is not too happy about that but her piece of mind is more important to me than the smell of smoke in my clothes.  Is there a facility I can check into for the withdrawls, cold sweats & nightmares from the lack of smoking????  

I have been working two jobs to make our dream home a reality in 2012, not to pick up her slack because we can live just as well on my main job paycheck.  That is why I have been scarce.  But I am lurking............

Miss you guys.  Keep up the good work.

Anthony

AKA

Captain Caveman 

Awe Maaaan!!!  Sorry to hear that cavy!!  Got to get yourself a AMNPS....works great! and no charcoal. maybe a gasser? or are they just against open flame of any kind?

I guess your sister is gonna have to get used to having more family dinners at her house!

hope you can get this worked out!

SOB

ps    Good to hear you are safer.

Hey Cave-Dude!!!  Long time Buddy !!!

How about a nice MES 40, with remote control, windowed door, built in light & meat probe, and all of those goodies.

Remote----Could turn it off when they come to look, and turn it on when they walk away.  LOL

Then an AMNPS to go in it for perfection!!!

Good to see ya,

Bear

Anthony,

Glad to hear you have a better neighborhood. Sorry to hear about the charcoal that really blow.

Cant wait to see you around more.

Brian

Anthony,sorry to hear of the predicament, it's a hard obsesion to kick

Good luck and when you can...
th_crybaby2.gif

Been there and worked around it, check the regs and get the smoke on back. 
thumb1.gif
 I had to go electric and ya know it ain't to bad.  Glad to see ya back. 

Glad to see you back here Anthony!

How about a gas or electric smoker?

Will they allow that?
Thank you very much.  Glad to be back around people that know about good meat and such.  Yes, they allow propane.  But only area defined grills not smokers.  I will post some pics soon, just so you guys can get a good laugh & cry with me.  HA!  Can you believe that? 

Awe Maaaan!!!  Sorry to hear that cavy!!  Got to get yourself a AMNPS....works great! and no charcoal. maybe a gasser? or are they just against open flame of any kind?

I guess your sister is gonna have to get used to having more family dinners at her house!

hope you can get this worked out!

SOB

ps    Good to hear you are safer.
Heya Butcher!!  AMNPS?  I am a charcoal man, born & raised.  It does not seem right to do it any other way.  Ha!  But I think you're right about the open flame thing.  Scary owners man.  Yes, sis when she is in a good mood is glad to have me over.  Doing some fatties as a comeback in two & a half weeks.  Maybe some BB's as well.  She is gonna love me more.  Thanks for the well wishes on the safeness.

Hey Cave-Dude!!!  Long time Buddy !!!

How about a nice MES 40, with remote control, windowed door, built in light & meat probe, and all of those goodies.

Remote----Could turn it off when they come to look, and turn it on when they walk away.  LOL

Then an AMNPS to go in it for perfection!!!

Good to see ya,

Bear
Hiya Bear.  Yes long time.  That is funny about the turning it off when they look.  I will make do for now.  Too old school to change my ways.  (Old School = Stubborn.)

Good to talk to you man.  Also my Aorta is doing fine as well.

Anthony,

Glad to hear you have a better neighborhood. Sorry to hear about the charcoal that really blow.

Cant wait to see you around more.

Brian
Thanks Brian.  Must take care of the fam first & foremost or there is no point to the whole "Family Man" thing.  I can't wait to get some items on the smoker myself.  Gonna make a run in a couple of weeks to knock off the dust.   Can't let my 22.5 Weber darling get too rusty.  Glad to be back, somewhat.

Anthony,sorry to hear of the predicament, it's a hard obsesion to kick

Good luck and when you can...
th_crybaby2.gif
Yeah, I am shaking under the covers at night from the cold turkey.  What a way to kick.  LMAO!!!  Good to see you Oldschool.

Been there and worked around it, check the regs and get the smoke on back. 
thumb1.gif
 I had to go electric and ya know it ain't to bad.  Glad to see ya back. 
Meat....Good to see ya.  Electric for me?  Nah.  I must tend fire.  I must light the match, use the blow torch,  watch the blaze of the coals.  Poke with a poker.  Add wood.  Smell smoke.  Sip my drink.  Make good meat.  UGH!!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky