catering for 70 people, how many briskets and ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqpit77

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 20, 2015
hi there guys, well im trying to make a quote to one of my friends. He wants me to cook briskets and ribs for 65-70 people. Normally the briskets that we get here are about 9lb and the ribs are St. Louis without too much meat. I was thinking taht maybe 4 briskets and 20 ribs. Of course i will provide also beans, potato salad and coleslaw.

Last edited:
That is roughly 4oz of Brisket and 3 Ribs per person with some extra. Short of a party of 70 Men, that should be plenty...JJ

That's quite a challenge, have never cooked for more than 15 family/office members.  I would increase those numbers, like Chef said it depends if you are cooking for a bunch of men.  I would want atleast a 1/2 lb of brisket, weighed after cooking.  For a recent office cookout I planned 1 lb of brisket per person (plus sides) and they ate everything with no brisket left over. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky