Cast Iron

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacdots

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ripley WV
Finally got us a roaster my wife has been wanting for some time.She conned me into using up all my Cabelas points but I like cast iron cookware too.Cant wait to take this one for a spin.We can also use it when we go camping.This thing is huge,12 Qts,18"x9"x6" and weighs 25 lbs.You can also flip the lid and use it as a grill.
bc4dd187_vbattach12319.jpg

8502ab45_vbattach12318.jpg

Boy that sure is a nice piece Dacdots! It's huge! I don't think I've even seen a dutch oven that big in cast iron. 12 quarts - hmm that's like three chickens wide. COOL!

Bet that cost as much as my first car!

PIGGY don't go there!

Just kidding
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good going, David! Nice piece of equipment. Only problem with me owning one like that is the same problem I have when I fill my GOSM! I have to invite folks over to help get it gone! Of course, there's never a problem finding "volunteers".
Nice catch, David!
Cheers!

Debi,there $44 each and I had $40 of Cabelas points so when all the shipping was added I still only had $18 in the roaster.

Nice score, David!! I picked up the CampChef version last Saturday at the IDOS Convention. The lid shows the driving of the Golden Spike at Promontory, UT. Got it for $10.00 off retail.

Looks great David. Prepare to cook a feast in that. It is absolutely amazing the quality of dutch oven cooking from main course to dessert. Have fun my friend.

David -

Even at $44 it's one heck of a deal! I just paid $28 for a 9" pie plate last summer locally. I gotta look through that online Cabella store.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Moi??? Never! Can't believe you'd say such a thing Debi
icon_smile.gif

Awesome piece of cast there dacdots.. can't wait to see the good groceries that come out of it

Keep Smokin

really nice score there. i finally got a cast iron skillet yesterday. i got a 10 1/4" one at wally world, $11. it has the assist handle on the opposite side of the handle. pretty heavy one, not those thin that are out there. here is a link to it. it is alrady seasoned it said on it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky