• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cast Iron

dacdots

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 3, 2005
Finally got us a roaster my wife has been wanting for some time.She conned me into using up all my Cabelas points but I like cast iron cookware too.Cant wait to take this one for a spin.We can also use it when we go camping.This thing is huge,12 Qts,18"x9"x6" and weighs 25 lbs.You can also flip the lid and use it as a grill.
bc4dd187_vbattach12319.jpg

8502ab45_vbattach12318.jpg

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Boy that sure is a nice piece Dacdots! It's huge! I don't think I've even seen a dutch oven that big in cast iron. 12 quarts - hmm that's like three chickens wide. COOL!

Bet that cost as much as my first car!

PIGGY don't go there!

Just kidding

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 21, 2006
ATTAGIRL Mrs Dacdots! You got a smart one ther Dacdots. That is a really nice oven ya got there!

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Good going, David! Nice piece of equipment. Only problem with me owning one like that is the same problem I have when I fill my GOSM! I have to invite folks over to help get it gone! Of course, there's never a problem finding "volunteers".
Nice catch, David!
Cheers!

dacdots

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 3, 2005
Debi,there $44 each and I had $40 of Cabelas points so when all the shipping was added I still only had $18 in the roaster.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Nice score, David!! I picked up the CampChef version last Saturday at the IDOS Convention. The lid shows the driving of the Golden Spike at Promontory, UT. Got it for $10.00 off retail.

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Looks great David. Prepare to cook a feast in that. It is absolutely amazing the quality of dutch oven cooking from main course to dessert. Have fun my friend.

lovetosmoke

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 30, 2006
I am sure you will love that roaster. My in-laws have one exactly like that and they use it camping all the time.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
David -

Even at $44 it's one heck of a deal! I just paid $28 for a 9" pie plate last summer locally. I gotta look through that online Cabella store.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
Moi??? Never! Can't believe you'd say such a thing Debi

Awesome piece of cast there dacdots.. can't wait to see the good groceries that come out of it

Keep Smokin

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Very very nice score Dadcots!!!
Just don't drop that bad boy on your toes

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
really nice score there. i finally got a cast iron skillet yesterday. i got a 10 1/4" one at wally world, $11. it has the assist handle on the opposite side of the handle. pretty heavy one, not those thin that are out there. here is a link to it. it is alrady seasoned it said on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.