Carrousel selection?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Owensboro, Kentucky
I’m just curious, who selects the threads featured on the carrousel, and what are they looking for when they make the selections? There is always some beautiful looking BBQ in there!

It's a heavily guarded secret,some say it's the wizard of OZ....
SMF Carousel.png

As the saying goes, "If I tell ya who makes the choice then I'll have to kill ya". I think they're looking for something special in the post. First real successful attempt at something, something new to the site, well presented in the post, good tips. Basically something that makes it stand out.

Chris

LMAO... Some funny replies, love it.

But seriously,
it's the Mods/Staff that choose various threads for their outstanding attributes.
Those attributes being pretty much what Chris listed, something noteworthy, special and of community value, and good pics go a long way too.
Many times the general membership will say in a reply that something is worthy of the Carousel, and it's not surprising when it is up there very soon after.

I'd like to note that I believe that none of the Mod/Staff has the self conceit to put themselves up there.
That is usually done by the voices of the membership and by another member of the Mods/Staff reacting to our comments.

Reactions: SmokinLogs
Haha this are all great replies and possibilities. It’s what I assumed, but I try not to assume too much. I do hope to make it to the carrousel someday! Thanks to everyone for getting back with me on my questions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky