• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Carpenter Bee Traps (UPGRADED)

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Another thing is the Bees are easier than Doves with a Bow & Arrow!!!:emoji_wink:

Uh Oh---Another Bear Story!!---Duck!! Here it comes---True Story!!
About 10 years ago, I was out in front of my house, shooting Carpenter Bees up around my Front Peak Overhang, with my Crossman BB gun. I'd only pump it 4 or 5 times, so it wouldn't make big dents in the Pine Soffit & Facia. So I'm out there looking up, when one of Bear Jr's Tower Climbers "Matt" drives by. He sees me aiming & stops in. He says "Hey Pop, what are you shooting?" Bees, I said. He says, "Bees?" I said, "Yup, Carpenter Bees". He says, "Get Out, You can't shoot Bees with that BB gun". I told him they aren't that hard when they'e sitting, because they're so big. So he's standing right next to me, and I see one about 20' up, hovering around up there, so I just kept my sights on him, waiting for him to sit down. Matt said, "That one don't want to sit". I told him, "If he hovers at one place for a couple seconds I won't wait any longer".
So I leaned the gun on one of my Log Ends, and when the Bee hovered for a couple seconds, I took a shot. GOT HIM !!! Matt says, "SOB, You got him". We saw 2 pieces flying after I shot. Mat found the smallest piece (The Head), and I found the bigger piece (The Body). Matt says, "I can't believe it---You didn't just shoot a Bee, it was a freaking Head Shot!!" (Note I shot a lot of them, but that was the first one I ever noticed them flying in 2 distinctly different pieces.

Carry that forward---I got Matt the job, working for my Son, because I worked with his Dad for 20 years, at Bethlehem Steel. So the next day I get an Email from my Old Buddy, George (Matt's Dad). He asks me in the Email if I heard about the guy on the Mountain, above Macungie, Shooting Bees Out Of Season?? LOL---Good one, George!!!

Bear

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks