Carbonara / Florentine stuffed pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Central Indiana
Okay so I'm not sure it's either a Carbonara or a Florentine, but it sounded good.I can’t take credit for this idea as I saw it online here and thought I’d try it and put a little different spin.

I took a 2.5 lb loin and sliced it to roll it out, spread spinach

ac5adc50_DSC_7359.jpg

Bacon and Alfredo sauce

Alfredo sauce

½ stick unsalted butter

3 cloves garlic minced

¼ lb cream cheese

Pt heavy cream

½ - 1 cup parm cheese

Melt butter and sauté garlic until very lightly browned, do not burn the garlic so be careful as burning it will ruin the sauce, trust me I’ve ruined it before J.  Add cream cheese and heavy cream and whisk over low heat until cream cheese is “melted” into sauce.  Add parm to taste continue to stir until “kind of smooth”.  THe sauce in the pic has been refrigerated so it set up a bit.

5af662e4_DSC_7360.jpg

Topped with provolone

60b0b53c_DSC_7361.jpg

Rolled and in the smoker for about an hour.

93d7e449_DSC_7362.jpg

Dinner

20642cb2_DSC_7367.jpg

Served with carrots, French fried green beans, both a favorite with the kids so I always serve these when I smoke something new just in case the kids don’t like the meat, and rice with chiles and Monterey jack.

The pork has a wonderful flavor, however it ended up a bit dry.  I planned on pulling it at 160 and letting it rest up to about 165, but things got crazy and it shot up from 140 to 165 in about 10 minutes, never had that happen that fast before….  Next time I will put a layer of bacon on top of the loin to help with moisture it was a very lean cut.

Thanks for checking out the q

icon_cool.gif

It like some of the dishes that we love so much I also saw it on the boob tube. Now your loin looks awesome. you said it was alitle dry well come over here in the corner and I'll give you my secret. Shhhhh dont tell anyone or they all be doing it. Now i pull my loins at about 140° and they come out nice and moist and alittle pnk on pork won't kill you. I'm still here and I have been doing it for years and alot of them too.

icon_cool.gif

It like some of the dishes that we love so much I also saw it on the boob tube. Now your loin looks awesome. you said it was alitle dry well come over here in the corner and I'll give you my secret. Shhhhh dont tell anyone or they all be doing it. Now i pull my loins at about 140° and they come out nice and moist and alittle pnk on pork won't kill you. I'm still here and I have been doing it for years and alot of them too.

This is why I love this forum. Thanks for the advice.  I'm heading to Sams today I see another loin in the near future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky