Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Mike

Caonratulations ..  You couldn't pay me enough to miss out on an adventure like you're going on.  ENJOY.  Your smoker will be sitting exactly where you left it and you can start right back up again when you return.  Stay warm and stay safe!!!

Gary

I will be at Mc Murdo Station on the Ice.
I flew into "Mac-Town" a couple times many years ago via Christchurch, NZ. I was amazed with what had been accomplished with the infrastructure there at the time, and I can only imagine what it's like today. Had a helo at my disposal so I took the opportunity to do some "sightseeing", It was mind boggling. Stunningly beautiful while at the same time eerie. A very big reminder that you don't screw around with Mother Nature and come out as a winner.

I can understand why the psych eval is important as each of my visits were around 4 or 5 days, and that was more than enough. But, that's just me.

It's a once in a lifetime experience so make the most of it. Safe travels and stay well.

Last edited:

Hey Mike

I'm just plain jealouse.  I've spent all my life in the bush,but never got this far.  Just WHAT do you do???

Gary
I have been doing sheet metal for over 20 years. I have done architectural sheet metal in Beverly hills ( Jimmy Kimel, Reba Macentire, and Haley Berry's house to name a few ). I also install H.V.A.C.  This is by far the strangest and coolest so far though.

Good Luck. I am not into subzero cold but that is a trip I would make. You'll have some great stories for the Grandkid's...JJ

90 lbs. of stuff  one small weber and 70 lbs. of lump works for me
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

CONGRATS!! What an opportunity!! 90# of stuff lets see I would take 2 shirts, 2 pair pants, 3 underwear, 1 colman cooler full of sausage and bacon. I think that would get me by for the first month!! LOL

Good luck stay safe!!! Post pictures!!!

I'm thinking with all that sheet metal that you'll be swapping out on that remodel, you should be able to fab into a smoker.

Fair skies and following winds.

How cool is that, what an opportunity. Keep warm and keep us informed.

P.S dont drink the de-icing compound, tastes like crap. Stick with the whiskey(or so I was told)

Heading to Colorado today for a 3 hour psych exam tomorrow. This is the final hurdle I need to jump through. I should have a decision by Friday on whether or not I am good to go!!!

You'll WOW them Mike! And then do kindly humor us, and share your poached penguin and smoked seal loin dear delicacies!  I am excited for your reports already!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

Well people it is OFFICIAL !!! I am leaving on the 13th to head to Antarctica until Oct..   Keep all those wonderful pics of sunshine and BBQ flowing to me cause your summer will be my winter and I will TRULLY be missing my smoking sessions.

We will communicate "LOOOOOOOOOOOONG distance"....... Have some fun.... take pics.... and remind us about global warming while you are there....... :biggrin: Be sure to CC A. Gore.... ... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dave

Last edited:
Wow that is awesome. Good luck and have fun. Oh, stay warm too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky