can't post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What is happening when you try to post what does it do or say?

I guess he can't reply Piney!   
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

BrowserStart ThreadReply
FF 4.0 b12XOK
Chrome 9.0.597.107OKOK
IE8 8.0.7600.16385OKOK
Here's how my test went..
  • Firefox would not start a thread but allowed me to reply
  • Chrome let me start a thread and reply to the thread just fine
  • IE8 let me start a thread and reply to the thread just fine
I have not tested Safari or IE9 so I can't speak for those. We are working on this problem and hopefully it will be fixed very soon. Until then, please try a different browser to see if you are seeing the same thing I am. Chrome seems to be the best option at this time.

Note: other factors such as operating systems may affect this as well so just because it worked for me on my Windows 7/64 bit system does not mean it will definitely work for you.

The fact that some browsers are not working is unacceptable and we will get this fixed as soon as is humanly possible.. bear with us please
icon14.gif

I'm sending this from ie running Windows XP Pro

I downloaded Google Chrome.  I launched the SMF site.  After loggin in with my user name and password it took about 5 minutes for the home screen to load.  Could this be caused by this being my first time loading SMF on Chrome...maybe.

Anyhow, I started a new thread, and even loaded a pic.  Being able to import a pic via copy/paste from Shuterfly is something I cannot do with Explorer.  However it won't let me submit, preview or even cancel.  It just sits there and does nothing.  No progress bars, warnings, nothing. 

Have we heard any updates on when this might be resolved?  I'm only able to reply to posts.  I can't start my own...frustrating.

I'm sending this from ie running Windows XP Pro

I downloaded Google Chrome.  I launched the SMF site.  After loggin in with my user name and password it took about 5 minutes for the home screen to load.  Could this be caused by this being my first time loading SMF on Chrome...maybe.

Anyhow, I started a new thread, and even loaded a pic.  Being able to import a pic via copy/paste from Shuterfly is something I cannot do with Explorer.  However it won't let me submit, preview or even cancel.  It just sits there and does nothing.  No progress bars, warnings, nothing. 

Have we heard any updates on when this might be resolved?  I'm only able to reply to posts.  I can't start my own...frustrating.
Jay I dont have a timeline update but I do know that they are actively working on this. We have been following up on this multiple times a day.

I am using Firefox 3.6.14 with XP Pro. I am not a premium member. I have never had any trouble posting or replying or uploading pics. I don't get pop ups. And I never wait long for it to do it's thing. Same at work and at home using FF or IE8. Am I just lucky?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky