Can't get accepted into the PA Q crew group?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Llewellyn PA aka God's Country
So I'll post this question here. Do any of you in PA (or otherwise) have issues with coyotes?

Any ideas besides shooting them to deal with them? It's archery season in PA now and I've seen/heard more coyotes than deer.

Although, last Saturday night I came home to this (8 pointer) in front of my dump truck.

Where I live, there is no season for coyote. Open or closed.  Therefore they are fair game anytime one is seen/heard.
I didn't mean Coyote season, I meant "Hunting season" as a whole, because that's the only time I carry a rifle in the PA woods. I don't usually see them any other time. Around here they hide better than a fox.

Bear

Hey Tjs

Up here it is open season on coyotes all year.  There are so many of them we just shoot them on site because they love to eat dogs.  Living in the bush and the fact that we also have a lot of bears, cougers, and wolves wandering through our yard, Linda and I always carry our shotguns when we're out walking the hounds

Gary 

There is no closed season on coyotes.  About the only regulation is if it is open whitetail gun season, you must have a valid deer tag to kill a coyote.  Aaaaaand the house just passed a bill offering a $25 bounty on coyotes.  Still has to pass the Senate.  If hunting coyotes at night, you must posses a valid furtaker's license. 

There is no closed season on coyotes.  About the only regulation is if it is open whitetail gun season, you must have a valid deer tag to kill a coyote.  Aaaaaand the house just passed a bill offering a $25 bounty on coyotes.  Still has to pass the Senate.  If hunting coyotes at night, you must posses a valid furtaker's license. 
I'll have to tell my X-Brother-in-law that. I have never seen a coyote while hunting, however one year there were 4 of us hunting in Pike County. A coyote ran by the BIL & he shot it. Then in the afternoon, we went to a different place, about 10 miles from there, and a coyote ran by him again & he shot it. Seems they only liked him!!!

I told him the coyotes looked at all of us, and figured he looked the Dumbest, so it tried to get by him !!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

The unused deer tag is only required during the 2 week gun season.  That is so you aren't in the woods after already tagging a deer, and saying you are "coyote" hunting, rather than a cash grab.  A hunting or furtaker license IS required to hunt coyotes.  Your general hunting license comes with a deer tag.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky