can't find garlic & onion juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kennymn

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
ALBERTVILLE MN
I was planning to smoke a turkey on the 4th of july and went to the store to buy the ingredients for the brine ( garlic & onion juice ) and the people in the store said they can,t get them anymore. So I went to 3 other stores and they said the same thing . I looked McCormick on the web and they discontinued making it . Need help and or advice ! ! Have other smokers ran into this problem ??

thanks for the reply ! Newtgadget but the recipe calls for 1/4 cup of each and that is alot of squirts .

It is possible to make your own garlic and onion juice. Easiest and most efficient way would be to use a juicer. Steve Raichlen has a recipe for onion water lamb chops in The Barbecue Bible where he cuts up 1 1/2 lbs of onions and purees them in a food processor. He then strains the results and gets about two cups.

Kenny, try a Resturant Supply store-they will usually carry items like that in bulk quanities.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky