• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

can't find garlic & onion juice

kennymn

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2006
I was planning to smoke a turkey on the 4th of july and went to the store to buy the ingredients for the brine ( garlic & onion juice ) and the people in the store said they can,t get them anymore. So I went to 3 other stores and they said the same thing . I looked McCormick on the web and they discontinued making it . Need help and or advice ! ! Have other smokers ran into this problem ??

kennymn

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2006
thanks for the reply ! Newtgadget but the recipe calls for 1/4 cup of each and that is alot of squirts .

aardvarknav

Joined May 21, 2006
It is possible to make your own garlic and onion juice. Easiest and most efficient way would be to use a juicer. Steve Raichlen has a recipe for onion water lamb chops in The Barbecue Bible where he cuts up 1 1/2 lbs of onions and purees them in a food processor. He then strains the results and gets about two cups.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Kenny, try a Resturant Supply store-they will usually carry items like that in bulk quanities.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks