Canned corned beef hash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't had canned hash in 45 years . I've eaten 4 cans since this was posted .
Im still looking for the roast beef version... I swear ive seen it but no luck yet finding it yet. I might have to see if i can order some along with the sausage hash

Canned corned beef hash ..... Years ago I wouldnt touch this stuff.. Looks like slop..(or dog food).. But a few years ago I baught a can and thought...what the heck I'll give it a try.. Figured out its actually pretty good. Now dont get me wrong its not like a good homemade hash with some leftover corned beef .. But it fills the void and its quick and easy.
For me the key is to get it crispy! I'll share with you the way ive been doing it.

Get a cast iron good and hot with a splash of oil...
Then grab your can of corned beef hash..( I like to use the big family size can and put it in the fridge the night before.)
Open both ends with a can opener and then push the whole thing out in one big chunk.
Slice it into 8 rounds then place them in your hot oiled pan... Let them sit and get really really crispy before flipping over.. If you try and do it too soon they will fall apart!

View attachment 526609View attachment 526610View attachment 526611

I like to put an over easy egg on top and some avacado on the side...and don't forget the hot sauce!!

View attachment 526612

This is a pretty common breakfast around here. Both the boys love it and its a good hearty meal for the start of their day!

Doing the corned beef this way makes for a nice crispy outside and soft inside..nothing fancy by any means but I thought I would share if anyone wantet to try it out!

Thanks for taking a look!
I smashed it down on a cookie sheet smoked it on my Traeger at 180 then upped the temp then got it crispy so good.

Reactions: Sowsage
Im still looking for the roast beef version... I swear ive seen it but no luck yet finding it yet. I might have to see if i can order some along with the sausage hash
Yes yumm!!

Attachments

• D0C92338-ACA1-4A76-8D28-8F942818A199.jpeg
    D0C92338-ACA1-4A76-8D28-8F942818A199.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Sowsage
Since I've never had this...would you find it in the soon to have a heart attack aisle or the dog food section? And I'm being serious...it's now on the grocery list!

Ryan

Since I've never had this...would you find it in the soon to have a heart attack aisle or the dog food section? And I'm being serious...it's now on the grocery list!

Ryan
😂😂😂.. I usually find it with the other canned meats like chicken and tuna.. It right inbetween the heart attack isle and the dog food section so your on the rigbt track!! Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Aw, for crying out loud, I just bought a can. Sowsage Sowsage , thanks.......
😂😂.... This thread is turning into one of those nights when you are trying to go home but your buddy keeps opening the fridge door.... Ok you twisted my arm... I'll have another..lol!

Reactions: Bytor
I love Mary Kitchen and I refrigerate it as well. Heat a cast iron skillet with a drizzle of avocado oil in a 400 degree oven. Run the can under hot water for a bit. Open the top with the euro type can opener that doesn't leave an edge. Punch the bottom of the can with a pointed can opener to vent and you can shake the hash out. Slice into rounds and bake for 20 minutes. Comes out nice and crispy. Our Sunday morning breakfast -yum.

I love Mary Kitchen and I refrigerate it as well. Heat a cast iron skillet with a drizzle of avocado oil in a 400 degree oven. Run the can under hot water for a bit. Open the top with the euro type can opener that doesn't leave an edge. Punch the bottom of the can with a pointed can opener to vent and you can shake the hash out. Slice into rounds and bake for 20 minutes. Comes out nice and crispy. Our Sunday morning breakfast -yum.
No need to rush out and get a "euro type" opener. Just cut both ends, remove one lid, push with the other. Slice as it comes out the can, or once the whole thing is out. Works well without heating the can.

Been doing if for years, no issues.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky